time to fire it up!

-

mopar_1974

Reaction score
well, tonight i think is the night, time to pour some gas down the carb and see if she'll start, then fuel lines and finish up the brakes and she'll hit the road! wish me luck! 8)

Good Luck, but be safe.
Make sure you put an air cleaner with lid on after you pour the fuel in and before you crank it.

This is what Eric is firing up

dyno360.jpg
[/IMG]

7172duster
[/URL][/IMG]

Maybe this is too late, but I'd suggest filling the carb bowl(s). A new engine (or an old one, for that matter), doesn't need it's cylinder walls washed down, and the back-fire possibility isn't much good for it. (or you!)
Hope it runs great!

well, just thought i'd check back and update. I dont have the fuel lines in, they'll be in soon, just sprayed some carb cleaner down into the carb and turned it over just to make sure i got all the wiring and ignition right. It cranked and fired and tried to take off. I'll update when i get the fuel hooked up.

Is this a new, never run engine? If so, did you pre-lube? Carb cleaner is just as bad as dumping gas in the carb. Take you time, all that money and time, geez, do it right!

I'm gonna guess that with the video and dyno sheet, it's not a fresh fire up.

Eric, that should be a stout little runner, good for low 12's and maybe 11's if you get it hooked up right at around 3200#.

-
Back