Time to go racing again!

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
Waiting in line at Xtreme Raceway Park in Texas for Summit Team Finals 2023. I brought sandwiches and am having my lunch as I wait to get in. This ain't my first rodeo! Looks like maybe another 20 minutes....

Today is tnt only
Car ran great but I missed the 1st to 2nd shift and hit the Rev limiter, so I was off by 5 numbers. I'll try it again and see if I can fix that. It was wheels up longer than I am used to so I missed the shift. It usually comes down before I shift but not today. I'll be ready for a wheels up shift next time.

Well, the results for me were less than stellar. Here's what put me in the trailer, and it was something I should have known better than to do: Let me preface by saying that in 5 years of racing and testing I have never spun once at this track. It is the hookinest track around. So Saturday I decided to get up front and be first in the lanes. I do my burnout and approach the start line only to see that they had put down a bunch of yellow powder in my lane! Sure enough, I spun. Cost me .04 and the win, which would have been close if not for the spin. In conclusion, don't be the 1st in the lanes (which I knew but didn't follow). It was hot, dusty and miserable this weekend and I came home with no round wins and an empty wallet. Surprisingly, I cannot wait until next Saturday when I am racing again at the same track. Either I love racing or I'm a glutton for punishment or both!

Went racing for 3 days and all I have to show for it is this photo (and I had to pay for that)
TemFinals2023.jpg

-
Back