timing the same for headers set up? lack power?

-
does the Holley 350 2 barrel carburetor fit on the 2 barrel "super six" manifold? can the 2 barrel super six link set-up be used on the Holley 350? I want to know if this is A-Ok for the Holley 350. very sorry for the simple questions just want to make sure in case I buy the carb. many thanks

buy the holley throttle bracket, buy a adapter plate for the spread bolt pattern of the holley [o'reily-napa-carquest-etc] and get a kick down cable from a newer 1990&up truck, use the same spring and lever& bracket off the dodge truck trans and fab a lil bracket for the carb/manifold end OR just use the super six kick down linkage and check for clearance with the headers.

I did it, it was easy and well worth it.

hedders should add 10% higher HP for what ever the engine puts out, your ignition timing wont change as much as your fuel requirement will, buy a set of jetting drills and add 10% to your jetting size and start there

Its all about volumetric efficiency, hedders work with camshaft design and carburater size, valve sizing, working RPM range and on and on and on

your doing the right thing, a good engine build starts with how much spent gasses your system can handle instead of how much fuel you can cram into the engine, now that you have set how your engine can exhale, now you can work backwards to find out how much it can inhale

If you really want to learn how to do it right , look up the formula for 'pounds per hour of fuel ' and will help you understand how it all comes together

-
Back