[Found!] Tiny Halogen Light Bulbs for Snap On Alignment Rack Toe Gauges, The Size of a 194, but Not a 194

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

PROSTOCKTOM

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I am still working on this Snap On alignment gauge project and need some light bulbs, but no idea what number they are.

They have the same end on them as a 194 bulb that might be found under a car dash. However the other end looks like a vintage Christmas tree bulb.

They are halogen and the light beam shines on the scale.

194 bulb in the 2nd photo next to what I need.

They are about 1.185" long and about .390" diameter.

Thanks in advance, and I do really appreciate it if you know what number I am looking for.

Tom

IMG_2013.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

Last edited:
If you know what the lumen output is or can find out what it is, there is a chart that shows the different bases like you are looking for and the lumen output of a particular bulb. I'll see if I can find it on the 'net. I have a hard copy of the book but I don't know where it is currently.

If you know what the lumen output is or can find out what it is, there is a chart that shows the different bases like you are looking for and the lumen output of a particular bulb. I'll see if I can find it on the 'net. I have a hard copy of the book but I don't know where it is currently.

No idea what the original output is.

I've talked to Snap On corporate technical department, and they have no idea what they were and no engineering drawings are available for the system either.

I can tell you that a 194 doesn't produce near enough light compared to the halogen bulb.

Try looking into a 921 LED T10 wedge base bulb it is 119 lumen or 18 watts.

Thanks, but a 921 bulb has a 5/8" diameter and wouldn't fit in the hole on the gauge.

The halogen bulb I have has a diameter of .390", or just a touch over 3/8" (.375")

However you are on the right track and it gives me just another clue in the bulb mystery.

Thanks,
Tom

No luck on there. I think I am just going to try and find the halogen bulb number I need and forget the LED replacements.

Doubt I'll do that many alignments in the rest of my life. LOL

Tom

My old Hunter Light a line used a projector bulb not as small as yours but you might try a camera repair shop. Just a idea.

If they are 12v, try DigiKey. they have odd stuff. Maybe you can use the halogens they do have by bending the leads around to fit your base.

Ended up finding the bulbs at a seller on eBay that deals with movie projectors.

Happy to have the item checked off the list.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back