TIPM Question

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
Which part numbers need to align to successfully match the TIPM in the vehicle to one at a salvage yard? On the attached pic, would I match up the 5604 number at top, or the RTB number at bottom? The reason I ask is I’m pretty sure the TIPM is out in my van, and I found one relatively close that has the same RTB number as mine.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_9680.jpeg

tipm's will have to be programmed, i think. not sure you can take a used 1 and make it fit your vehicle, but the 56049720a is the number. the "T" is how many times it has been superseded. starting with "AA"

From other similar issues I found on the Chrysler minivan forum, PCMs have to be programmed but TIPMs should be plug and play.
tipm's will have to be programmed, i think. not sure you can take a used 1 and make it fit your vehicle, but the 56049720a is the number. the "T" is how many times it has been superseded. starting with "AA"

Well, it ended up not being the TIPM, thank God! It was an ordeal, though. We got it running Monday evening, but Tuesday morning it wouldn’t start again. After some troubleshooting, we figured out the spade terminal on the solenoid had popped its solder and was only making intermittent connections. Threw a new starter in and the van fired right up.

Thanks for the suggestions!

-
Back