Tips and pics for glass doors

-

MikeD

Reaction score
I'm looking to fit fibreglass doors on my Dart and would appreciate any tips and pics for ideas.
Mick

I have VFN. it was a nice product. there is no big trick to them just know that it will take some time to get them right. also the lexan will flex a lot at speed. oh and one more thing you may need to get creative if you want to run the window trim that separates the front an back side glass.

Should i use stock hinges or fab something up ? What sort of weight saving, will obviously be using lexan for windows.

You have to run lexan windows. The weigh about half as much as glass. The doors for my bcuda are about 25 30 ponds with windows and hardware. I run stock outside handles and stock door hinges with drop in pins. You can use aftermarket hinges but the weight difference is small. If this car is going on the street know that you will need to do some big mods to make the lexan removable and not look like crap. Also to reiderate because the doors will be weak and flex the lexan windows will flext in and out a ton at speed.

Pic is Jerry Bickle window hardware.I used their striker and latch mechanism. I'm trying to find more pics.Not a slowpar but just to give ya an idea

The windows are marguard. I would recomend that you use a glass windshield either street or just strip use.I like to see real good

Car is race only, i will also fit something to stop the door swinging open to far and i've see a small sucker device to help with the window flex at speed.
Mick

FYI those doors on that car BigDummy posted have a large horizontal plane on the top of the door to mount support. If the ones for you car are anything like the ones for my Bcuda you do not have a lot of real estate to mount the vertical support. if it is a track only car I would not worry about adding a latch to correct the flex in the window unless it drives you crazy. The doors are like tissue paper and if you come barreling out of the car one time without remembering to unhook or disconnect the latch at the top of the window you will break the door.

-
Back