tips on asphalt driveaway replacement?

-
I have acreage, my driveways aren't show pieces, but worked for me, going on 20 yrs now, but it does need a "side trim".
I used the "kibble" grindings they grind up from old asphalt.
They screen it., very reasonable, trick is compact the **** outta it, when you think it's compacted, do it again, pound it to like concrete.
,jmo

That would be good for the pits at the old track I raced at. instead, they asked everybody for old oil and sprayed it around.
:lol: that you mention the local dirt track and their operation. After our track moved the pits from the track infield to outside the wall the race cars hauled those bits of the track to the outside pits where they built up the ground for years with racing clay. One of the operators after the original owner passed away decided that the pits got too muddy when it rained so he covered them up with good road base. Nice touch, but he missed something. Couple years later he decides the track surface is running short of clay. With some forethought he could have taken a little paddle wheel scraper to the pits before that road base leveling job and made himself quite a stockpile of racing clay for future use :BangHead:.

-
Back