Tire monitor systems - aftermarket.

-

Syleng1

Karma is real and Life is short...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So the wife and I tow a toy hauler for our quads (full camper with a rear door that opens to drive the ATV s in, or golf cart or side by side) it’s 2 axle and 4 tires 80psi

Then there is my 24ft car trailer 2 axle 80psi.

So currently I have a valve stem cap that changes color of tire pressure lowers. A quick walk around every stop lets me know truck and trailer are okay. But I’ve been wanting to go electronic and monitor the 8 tires (truck and trailer) from inside the truck as we are rolling. Anyone here have a tire monitor that is aftermarket that they recommend? Last year when I checked there were lots of American companies that sold them. This year Amazon has about 5 of their own brands and I don’t recognize any of them.

Looking for suggestions.
Syleng1

man there are so many out there its hard to tell whats a good one anymore.. check out the RV forums and facrbook groups. they are all abou them

So the wife and I tow a toy hauler for our quads (full camper with a rear door that opens to drive the ATV s in, or golf cart or side by side) it’s 2 axle and 4 tires 80psi

Then there is my 24ft car trailer 2 axle 80psi.

So currently I have a valve stem cap that changes color of tire pressure lowers. A quick walk around every stop lets me know truck and trailer are okay. But I’ve been wanting to go electronic and monitor the 8 tires (truck and trailer) from inside the truck as we are rolling. Anyone here have a tire monitor that is aftermarket that they recommend? Last year when I checked there were lots of American companies that sold them. This year Amazon has about 5 of their own brands and I don’t recognize any of them.

Looking for suggestions.
Syleng1

This is crazy thinking.

Feel your hubs when you get gas > truck and trailer.

You can feel the tires too if you want > running hot then there is a problem.

Too many electronics not a good thing.

Relax and enjoy the ride.

☆☆☆☆☆

nothing crazy about a tpms. nice to see an issue while driving. just because all is well at a gas stop doesn't mean nothing can happen while driving

My brother bought this one for his tow rig and the 5 car stacker. It saved our backside last summer when we were about an hour outside of Cheyenne, Wyoming after driving 24 hours straight from NorCal on our 36 hour drive to Road America. The passenger steer tire was going flat in a hurry, the alarm was sounding and we were like WTF is that sound unplugging all the cords to realize it was the tire alarm…

This one shows pressures and temps.

Need to check over your equipment well before you leave on your trips, then you don't have unexpected problems while out on the road.

Tires need to be up to date and not sun rotted even if they are only 3 years old.

☆☆☆☆☆

Even with new tires and all the service in the world is not going to stop a tire going flat traveling along the super interstates of America…

My brother bought this one for his tow rig and the 5 car stacker. It saved our backside last summer when we were about an hour outside of Cheyenne, Wyoming after driving 24 hours straight from NorCal on our 36 hour drive to Road America. The passenger steer tire was going flat in a hurry, the alarm was sounding and we were like WTF is that sound unplugging all the cords to realize it was the tire alarm…

This one shows pressures and temps.

[/URL]
Thank you, that was useful information. I looked at that one, but the name threw me. I went to e-trailer and many, many Utube videos. So many different things between each one. I like the pressure and temp idea.

I replace my tires every 2 years. I own so many trailer with capacity over 10,000lbs. Nothing worse than hitting a can in the highway, blowing out one tire and before you realize it…. It takes out a second tire.
It gets ugly quick. Last year going to Carlisle- my car trailer blew a tire and I did not know it till another driver flashed me over. (Midnight) lucky I had 2 spares.

-
Back