tire pressure

-

motorhead446

Reaction score
How much does your tire pressure change during the burn out? If i set my tire pressure at 18 psi, what can i expect my pressure to be after the burnout? On my next outing im trying 20-22 psi, just curious what my pressure will be when on the pass.

You set your tire pressure before the burnout because you don't have time after. it should not change between rounds unless you have a leak......or has been in direct sunlight for a while.

You may have to drop half a pound because of the sun.

Unless you do a big smoky half track burn out, i don't thing it would change much.

Burn out the same way each time and set your air pressure before . Then your air pressure experiments will be much more accurate.

You set your tire pressure before the burnout because you don't have time after. it should not change between rounds unless you have a leak......or has been in direct sunlight for a while.

You may have to drop half a pound because of the sun.

Unless you do a big smoky half track burn out, i don't thing it would change much.

Burn out the same way each time and set your air pressure before . Then your air pressure experiments will be much more accurate.

This is good info ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It really doesn't matter because there's nothing you can do about it anyway. Just use your baseline pressures before the run, to gauge any changes. And yes, side to side, depending on the length of sun exposure, i've seen a pound and a half difference with tires in the 12 to 15lb initial settings right before a run. Summer sun is the worst. Just log all your numbers during testing and you'll arrive over time, at a good consensus to start out with.

Ive seen slicks go up a pound in the hot sun. I check tire pressure right before burn out in staging lanes. Ive got M/T et streets 18.5 x 33 and run 7.5 lbs and get a 1.23 60'.

If you use nitrogen in your tires instead of plain air you won't have to worry about it even in the sun. :)

-
Back