Tire size for 70 Dart

-

Garys72Duster

Reaction score
Has anyone tried putting 15 by 10 wheels on the back of a 70 Dart? SBP axles. Tires are 295 50 R 15. Pretty sure the tires won't fit. Wheel backspace is 5 or 5.5, not sure yet. I have 6" between outside of brake drum, and leaf spring. Guess I could put air shocks on, and raise the heck out of it! LOL. But I don't like that too high look.

I pit 255-60's on 15x7's with a 4.25 back space and they just barely fit. You would need to move the springs in and mini tub for 10 inchers.
001 50.jpg
011 (2).jpg
041.jpg
a

15x10 with a 295 isn't even tight, UNLESS you don't have the correct backspacing.

As I remember with an A body rear you need 7.5" backspace on a 15x10 wheel.

With the stock spring locations and wheel houses on a Dart the best you’ll do is a 255, and some cars can’t even manage that because of body tolerances. I wouldn’t say a 255 is a safe bet for everyone unless you’re willing to do some work on the quarter lip. Some clear fine, some won’t.

A 1/2” spring offset will let you run up to 275’s with the stock wheel houses on a Dart. For 295’s you’d need a full 3” spring relocation and mini-tubs. Not gonna fit those in the stock wheel house on a Dart.

As said, with a relocation kit.

I assumed from the get go you had a relocation kit because you said 10" wheel which if you measured at all would know won't fit without the 3" relocation.
No, considering getting the offset shackle and spring mount kit. But I still have to cut off and re weld the spring perches. Then I gain about .8 inches on the inside. All stock right now.

you can fit a 10.50 section width under the car with the offset shackles and it's tight.

-
Back