Tire size recommendations

-

ClarkDart70

Street Machines Limited
Reaction score
Just ordered a set of 17x7" wheels and was curious if there are any suggestions on tire size out there for these. My dart sits stock, so I don't want to risk rubbing.

What wheels are you getting?I ordered some Showwheels 17 X 7 with 4 1/4 backspace and will be using Hankook 215 - 50 - 17's all around.I figured that's about right for the front and could go larger on the rear but wanted them the same on all corners.

I got the same wheels... I was thinking 215s well but wasn't if 225s were that big of a difference with clearance. How soon will you have yours on the car; I'd love to see some pics.

That backspacing should allow 245/45R/17 tires all around. The only issues might be sway bar clearance in the front. There's a few forums on here about 17" wheels on darts. I would look around before ordering.

-Mike

I got the same wheels... I was thinking 215s well but wasn't if 225s were that big of a difference with clearance. How soon will you have yours on the car; I'd love to see some pics.

Which style showwheels are you getting are who from?I should have the wheels next week sometime but as this is a winter project car they will not be on the car for quite awhile.By the way I'm in northern Indiana and mine are on a use to be Scamp so the front fenders are different on the back side

-
Back