Tire size w/cal tracs

-

WIKD71RICK

Reaction score
Need some input on tire/wheel combo.Looking to do spring relacation with cal tracs.If anyone is running this set up what is the widest tire and wheel and offset needed

Tire section width can be 13.5-14" if the right wheel is purchased. Duster/Demon?Dart Sport are easier to fit, than Dart/Valiant/Scamps.

As far as backspacing, that depends on the axle length.

Best thing to do is get your desired wheel/tire combo and set it under the car and measure for total axle length. Shorten the axle to that number.

Here's a Duster with a 30/11.50 on a 15x12 with 5.5" BS, axle is 50.5" and it still not positioned correctly... at least to me.

71DusterWanda.jpg

Do you have any side pictures.Really didn't want to cut rearend but not out of the question.Was thinking a 28/12.00/15 Now das a 26/10.50/15 but tire is a little short at the track on the big end.going to a 512 pump gas motor and traction is going to be a issue.the cal trac springs are down 1".Any help i can get thank you.

A 28x12.50 will fit no problem, but, you have to get the wheel backspace correct. My friend put a 28/13.50 on his dart with a 10" rim and 5.5 bs. I don't recall if the axle was shortened..

Thanks for the pic crackedback how close is the fender lip and do you know what your Dana measurements is from flange to flange.Looking to run mine like yours but with a 10 inch rim with a M/T ET Street Radial 30 X 12.50R15.

-
Back