tire width under stock wheel wells

-

67barracuda

Reaction score
What is the largest tire I can expect to fit under a stock wheel well of a 67 barracuda? :scratch: What rim and with what back spacing? The spring have been moved in. I want to keep the rear seat, so no tubing.

I have your answer.

do a 3/4 spring relocate

15x9 with 4 7/8 backspace

Mickey Thompson I L60. Go to mickey Thompson website and they give you all the specs on that tire.

This is what I run and that's all that will fit.

I also have stock leaf's

67 - Wich kit did you use to move the springs in. I just mounted up my Hoosier quick time 325-50-15s. Right now I cant bolt them up becuase I havent moved the springs in but I'm 99% sure they are goig to fit without mini tubbing it so I can keep the back seat. They are on a 15X8.5" rim with 4-7/8" backspacing.

I used the Mancini box relocation kit.
BARRACUDA340S, do you like the Thompson I's? I had a pair on another car and could not get them to hook.

Thanks for the info, I think I can order my rims and tires know.

No they don't hook at all, but not much does on my car. I liked the size and the looks so I got them. I don't street race anyway. I have slicks for the strip.

chad72duster Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:52 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks Craig

I will head to the junk yard and see what i can come up with

:scratch:

barracuda340s, I can not fine 9" rodlite rims listed anywhere. Where did you get them? Also when you stated the backspacing of 4 7/8", is this the 5" they list or did you have custom rims made?

Ive got you answer :D
I just did the relocation kit. Im running 15X8.5" rims with 4-7/8" backspacing with a 325-50-15. No mini tubbing.

You guys put things together well. I would like to ask a similar question for a stock '70 Dart Swinger and a stock '69 Dart, both running 14" wheels. What could the largest rear wheel/tire fitment be if I managed to relocate the rear leafs (replace stock with super stock springs) utilizing a spring movement kit? No tubbing, rolling or cutting. I may not touch the '70 Dart though, it's a cherry little ol lady car w/less than 49k.

Thanks for the help.

-
Back