Tires make a HUGE difference!

-

MomsDuster

Reaction score
So I put a pair of 275/60 15 M/T E.T. Street R’s on 10” rims. Formerly had 275/60 15 Cooper Cobra’s on 8” rims. Went out and did a couple of 1/8th mile pulls. Absolutely 0 spinning, with no burnout! Picked up .31 seconds from my previous best. Check out the Dragy.
Can’t wait for my first trip to the drag strip! My goal of getting into the 12’s is close at hand!

IMG_7926.png

IMG_9448.png

I noticed a significant difference between Cooper Cobras and BFG drag radials on my 360 powered 1970 Dart. The Coopers are a pretty good street tire, but a drag radial is definitely better for the track.I picked up about 2 tenths, mostly in the 60 ft time.

I didn’t put it together that there were 2 runs displayed(duh).

I was looking at the 2.24

I think you should be solidly in the 12’s now.

A couple of 1/4 mile runs from this morning. Personal bests! The slower run despite having the better 60’ and higher g’s was slower I believe because of the slight grade and a bumpy road. The real interesting part is I disconnected the secondaries on both carbs for these runs. Looks like I have some carb work ahead of me. May even consider smaller carbs altogether. At least now with traction I can really get into the tuning aspect of everything.

IMG_9453.png

IMG_9454.png

What carbs are you running now?

Depending on Ur cam. I’ve had really good luck with vacuum secondaries. A 670 Street Avenger on my small block worked great. As they work with the engine needs. Paying attention to the secondary spring pressure.

-
Back