Titanium K-frame Bolts

-

67valiant 100

go fast or go home
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Had some light weight titanium K-frame bolts made up for my stock appearing Cuda & Demon drag cars I'm putting together. The weight difference by feel is pretty significant (I will scale them when I get a chance) & they look amazing. These have the proper taper shoulder for aligning the K-frame like the original Chrysler bolts. If anyone else is interested in a set get ahold of Mark over at Whitebread Racing Enterprises

Whitebread Racing Enterprises :: Professional Grade Racing Fasteners and Titanium

20240830_160606.jpg
20240830_160703.jpg
20240830_182810.jpg
20240830_183115.jpg
20240830_182354.jpg

Any weight reduction is good. I never wouldda thought of it. Just so I got my math right, in your for sale ad, I get $208 for 4 washers and 4 bolts. Is that right? I gotta say, if I had a dedicated drag car, this might be on my radar.

Those are bad ***. I’ll wait patiently for weight measurement differences.

It’s amazing the efforts you F.A.S.T guys put in to your cars.

Those are bad ***. I’ll wait patiently for weight measurement differences.

It’s amazing the efforts you F.A.S.T guys put in to your cars.
This kinda stuff is what separates the men from the boys in those classes. I love it.

Any weight reduction is good. I never wouldda thought of it. Just so I got my math right, in your for sale ad, I get $208 for 4 washers and 4 bolts. Is that right? I gotta say, if I had a dedicated drag car, this might be on my radar.
Yes that is correct. I personally am not selling them. You will need to reach out to Mark @ Whitebread Racing Enterprises if one wants to purchase a set.

Last edited:
Yes that is correct. I personally am not selling them. You will need to reach out to Mark @ Whitebread Racing Enterprises if one wants to purchase them.
I don't think my slant 6 street is a candidate, but I admire the depths you're going to to lighten your car up. It's amazing, really.

Damn that's nice. I'll look into picking up a set right after I trim 30 lbs of fat from the driver's seat. :)

So those were the last bolts needed for the demon? See you at Mir?

So those were the last bolts needed for the demon? See you at Mir?
I wish lol. My focus has mostly shifted to my '69 Cuda 383 notch at the moment since I have Jim Seilers stroker from his GTS.

20240817_185003.jpg

I may take my SFGT out and run it for fun at one of the races. Swapping out the gas tank this weekend hopefully to have it ready for Lake George.

Screenshot_20240710_200138_Gallery.jpg

I don't think my slant 6 street is a candidate, but I admire the depths you're going to to lighten your car up. It's amazing, really.

My son-in-law thought I was kidding when I handed him a hacksaw, and pointed to all the bolts that needed trimming on his racecar . ROFL !
Drag me outta my recliner, - my *** .

Big blocks are slow. Carry on.
I know a guy that had to back his dominator off ,to run 9:60`s , so as not to break his 440 blocks , car would go next to 8`s / yeah , 440...
also know a currant racer here that has his backed off to 10 o`s....

I personally can see investing in something else and drilling holes somewhere to lose that miniscule amount of weight. But obviously you have WAY more money than I do...so carry on & have fun being all fancy and light lol

Very nice looking bolts! Whoever made those is a skilled machinist, especially if they are on a manual machine.

As a point of interest, the low average weight of a human #2 is around 450 grams.

The insoles of my shoes weight 157g.

My house keys weigh 42 grams (4 keys).

It will be interesting to see how the weight delta between TI and steel pans out.

*if* I was going to replace something external to the engine in TI it would be the exhaust system, rear end axle tubes, and axles.

Definitely nice hardware for the stock/factory appearing people.

I have to say a TI rocker stud nut was like your weren’t holding anything in your hand. Very nice bolts. Any fastener you don’t routinely remove……

It's a total of all the tiny enhancements, refinements the other guys don't do, - that gets the hardware in the end.
Folks point at one tiny thing and asks what help that is, - by itself, prob nothing, but the grand total gets the gold, jmo

Man those are beautiful, but Ti breaks much easier than steel. I guess there's really no "strain" on those K frame bolts though. Can't wait for the weight diff.

For everyone's entertainment:

OE steel bolt: 4.7oz x4 = 1lb 2.8oz

Screenshot_20240901_153650_Gallery.jpg

Titanium bolt: 2.5oz x4 = 10oz

Screenshot_20240901_153644_Gallery.jpg

With a weight savings of 8.8oz for a set that is nearly half the weight of the steel bolts. Further reduction can be performed if one shortens the bolts down to the bare necessity of full thread engagement.

20240808_182545.jpg

For the average enthusiast saving a 1/2lb isn't much but when everything is under the microscope to maximize weight reduction it all adds up. My next challenge is to see how much weight I can take out of a BB K-frame.

-
Back