Title help?????

-

SBDart

Reaction score
I bought a 87 Dodge Dakota about five years ago. I have got a title for it But it is from Ga and its all MESSED up the kid sign it on the buyer line.
so the state of in say i need to;

Customers who are unable to obtain a properly executed title from a seller may apply for title through the Affidavit of Ownership (A of O) process if ALL of the following requirements are met and documents submitted:
? The vehicle must be valued at $5,000 or less.
? The customer must have a notarized Bill of Sale or a Bill of Sale signed under penalty of perjury which indicates the vehicle's year, make, and VIN, seller, purchaser, and purchase price.
? The customer must present an unopened, unclaimed certified letter to the seller's (and lien holder, if applicable) last known address requesting the title.
? A copy of the unopened letter should be presented to confirm the customer requested the title for the vehicle in question. Do no open the original letter.
? A lien release, if necessary.
? Affidavit of Ownership for a Motor Vehicle–State Form 23037
? VIN inspection completed by law enforcement
? Odometer Disclosure Statement, if applicable
? ST108 or ST108E

If the above requirements are unable to be met the customer may seek a court order.

If the bureau determines that sufficient credible evidence exists to substantiate the applicant's claim of ownership a title will be issued.

Marc Sirkin
BMV Communications

I can not get all this crap for them . so is there any way i can by pass all this stuff... if i can not get one i guess i will cut the truck up an put all the part on my Dart i do have an Indiana title for it.... which would be a very nice ride then... any help here... this is what the truck looks like now. i would hate to cut it up after all my hard work i have done to it.
I am get ready to do the motor for it and before i put out any more money on it . i need to see if i can get a title for it.

Attachments

• SprintPhoto_boi3jm.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 319
"Move" the signature to the seller line, put a single line thru his signature on the wrong line, take the title to the D.O.T. sign on or near the buyers line in front of them and everything should be fine.

I bought a Barracuda in Virginia which had a Florida title. The title was signed by the seller several years earlier. I didn't attempt to have it registered in NC. I sold the car and went to the license agency with the buyer to register the car in his name and because we didn't sign the title before hand the state would not accept it, drawing a line through it saying open title or something. Anyway I wrote the person in Florida at her last adress after searching on line for a phone number. She called me back and toild me what she needed to have a duplicate title issued. I sent the title to her with $90.00 which was the cost involved. She went to the agency in Florida had an instant title issued, signed it and sent it back to me. With the priority mail all together I spent about $100 to make the deal ligit. Why not write the owner and ask if he would help. The lady I delt with not only helped me, but we became friends.
Good Luck

Good news i hope . i did find him on a web site an ask for his help on this . i did in a open forum so every one can see it. and i hope he gets back with me on this. he sell alot of stuff on the net . so we will see.

I'm having kinda the same issues with my '70 Swinger. Owners wife passed away, 11 months later he requests a duplicate title from Colorado. It came in HER name. LOL. When he went to sell it, he signed his name where her name should be. My state, (Wisconsin), won't recognize that. While searching for him, I found out that he is now deceased. My situation sounds much easier than yours tho. At least I can get the thing bonded and then the state would issue a title. Good luck. Here is a link for a title service. Maybe they can help you.

http://www.broadwaytitle.com/PDF_Forms/Car-Package.pdf

-
Back