To buy this duster or not??

-
Buying a car with pictures!? How many dings do you see in the OP pics???? If it will have a repaint, those have to be fixed as we all know.. Someone has to do it. The owner of he pays it done. All costs $$.
It is nice car but the paint as he says,.... he would repaint it.

I passed... car is in the dfw area... If anybody is interested.. i can give you the info.

If it's as rust free as you say and the pics look, buy it. Trust me, you'll be money ahead in the long run
True. You should always try to start with the best, most rust free far you can afford, and this one is very affordable.

discussion and opinions. Maybe in some parts of the US it is a $4500 slant Duster, I bet it will need some patch panels, and I see plenty of dings to smooth out just in the pics.. Yes on CL it is way above average. 95% of the cars on CL will never bring anywhere close to their price. Not much better than one (71)I bought last winter for $1500.

The body looks decent to me , I would just detail and make it good mechanically and drive it.

The color and top will grow on you, I like it personally

discussion and opinions. Maybe in some parts of the US it is a $4500 slant Duster, I bet it will need some patch panels, and I see plenty of dings to smooth out just in the pics.. Yes on CL it is way above average. 95% of the cars on CL will never bring anywhere close to their price. Not much better than one (71)I bought last winter for $1500.

Got pictures of the $1500 car to compare it to this?

Got pictures of the $1500 car to compare it to this?

I patched some rusty floor metal and a few small spot on the outside. It was original paint before I started. It is in spot primer where I massaged the minute dings they all have.
I am not sure what people consider solid for cars that are almost 50 years old, but I have owned more than a few. Prices no doubt are higher in some states than others. I spent the last 47 years in Missouri before moving to Tx a year ago. Mo prices are cheaper tan TX and no doubt Tx is cheaper than many other states. The car the OP has here looks in pics to be a very solid car, but I never claim anything till I DA it down to bare metal. How many pinholes have you found in various parts of the sheetmetal that need that portion replaced? Dings???? I rather repair a few small rusted panels than to try to smooth out too many dents or say have to find better fenders et. Just saying.

-
Back