to cut or not to cut , that is the queston

-

docdodge440

Reaction score
k, open for advise: I have 2 64 Dart GTs. One is a v8 car I will probably leave alone and just restore as money permits. The other is a 6 car, not rare, so... I keep having this dream of the 6 car as a early 60s custom. thinking about a 6" top chop and section, suicide doors, DEEP frenched head and tail lamps, custom tube grill, no front bumper, and filled valance panel, DEEP set 59 caddy tail lamps in custom chrome housings. I have plenty of time, better then most experience,most of the tools, could use a tig welder, SO...... Too over the top, I can never tell.....

the custom car will cost you more than the restoration on the other.. and yes, it is a bit over the top - but if you paint it black...

personally, i felt like puking reading your description
but its your car, do what you please

I haven't puked since I quit drinking. Actually since a little before that. Probably 22 to 25 years ago.
If you have the skilz, and the support, and the dinero, jump in.
But hey if you start with an early-A wagon.... and .....slope the roof down towards the back.... ... OOps wrong dream, wrong time-period.
I'll put you on my watch-list.

I haven't puked since I quit drinking. Actually since a little before that. Probably 22 to 25 years ago.
If you have the skilz, and the support, and the dinero, jump in.
But hey if you start with an early-A wagon.... and .....slope the roof down towards the back.... ... OOps wrong dream, wrong time-period.
I'll put you on my watch-list.

start with a wagon and i might retract my previous statement :D

Well, I see you and I DO have something in common! Alright let's build on that......
Would that wagon have tubs and fender flares to fit at least 295/50s out back, and 8inchers up front, you know.. for that wide-body/ TA look?

There was a red 66 (I believe) Dart on the SF craigslist for a looong time. I think the guy wanted $85k-ish. If I remember correctly, it had a ton of custom 'touches' as you describe in your original post. I wish I could find it on craiglist for you to look at. It was absolutely hideous.

I had not thought about the fender flairs. But I liked the way the Green wood vets looked. but how to blend the back bumper?? or go sans and get some 69 R.R lights and blend?? mabey light flair on front ... thats what I like about this site Lots of good feed back. Nothing is done till the fat lady sings and the torch is put away!!

At the end of the day it's just a car. So, that being said, it's your time, your money, your energy, your skils. If someone thinks you shouldn't do, let them float the cash and buy it from you.

-
Back