to err is human to forgive is divine

-

waggin

moving on ain't easy if you drive a Ford :p
Reaction score
Thats something my dad has been tellin me ever since I was a lil' Guy.....I'm 45 now.....I'm a lil' ****....it took me all this time to get it......how long will it take you to get it????

Thanks Curtis, I've heard it said, when you're unhappy, ask yourself who you need to forgive. Can be yourself too.

I put this up to share...theres a few people that I hope this reaches....thats all, just sharin hope this is helpful to them...all is good here. Dodger say's woof or whatever dawg say.... actually he said that earlier today but now he's konked out on the couch beside me

I put this up to share...theres a few people that I hope this reaches....thats all, just sharin hope this is helpful to them...all is good here. Dodger say's woof or whatever dawg say.... actually he said that earlier today but now he's konked out on the couch beside me

Helpful to me, and I appreciated the phone call yesterday.

Yup! Forgiveness is a pretty hard thing to figure out, but once you do, it makes life a whole lot easier!!! Thank you Lord!!!

and the similar expression in the livestock business...
"To err is human, to moo is bovine"!

Just had to pass that along. I appreciate your original sentiments and glad that you have figured it out.:cheers:
C

Thanks Curtis, I've heard it said, when you're unhappy, ask yourself who you need to forgive. Can be yourself too.

that helps me bcoz i been feeling really guilty about some bad stuff i did in the last month.....i think i will feel better if i confess and forgive myself for being an idiot.

first main thing is that at my maid job, its been kinda slow in the last month bcoz of the holidays, so there were a few times this past month that i finished cleaning the house and doing the cooking early and no one was around so i went and took a nap under the coffee table so i can hear if someone is coming.

another thing is there is middle school near my house, so over the holidays nobody was around so i went onto the playground without permission and used the merry go round and swings........its a low traffic area but when a car past by i hid in some bushes and when it was gone i continued. there was nobody around to get permission so i just took a liberty and i feel guilty now.

and the other thing is over the holiday break my boss at my maid job and her family went to Pennsylvania for a week, and since i have a key to the house i went in there during the week when nobody was supposed to be there and pretended that i lived there ......i slept on her massive king size bed and used the hot tub and parked in the garage and ate their cereal .....and when i was done i put everything back the way it was so they dont know, but thats a lie.

after seeing this thread i feel like coming clean to my boss...to see if she forgives

Forgiving an error is easy. Forgiving a malicious bully is hard. I worked for a boss that was corrupt and lacked ethics. I took the easy way out, and left for better out of state position, never to see him again. It was hard for me to forgive myself by not taking action sooner.

Holding a grudge = A ship that is to full to travel.
Forgiveness = A ship that can travel and take on more wisdom.
Forgive those that has trespassed you and move forward in life.
If you don't forgive, the thieve will take more of you...
My day (lets say today) is mine and no thieve will take my smile away.

Thats something my dad has been tellin me ever since I was a lil' Guy.....I'm 45 now.....I'm a lil' ****....it took me all this time to get it......how long will it take you to get it????

Probably a long time for me to get it Waggs because I have modified it some. It reads more like this.

To err is human, to err the same way many times is being an asshat. To forgive is Divine, to forgive those who repeat those err's makes me an asshat.

Jack

Lol Well put Jack!!! the thread wasn't really about forgiving ones self but more for a few that are mad at each other...
Probably a long time for me to get it Waggs because I have modified it some. It reads more like this.

To err is human, to err the same way many times is being an asshat. To forgive is Divine, to forgive those who repeat those err's makes me an asshat.

Jack

Lol Well put Jack!!! the thread wasn't really about forgiving ones self but more for a few that are mad at each other...

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
To a person we all argue, fight, disagree, at times. Even friends .

Difference is true friends get past it make up and move on.

When a third party steps in and makes a decision, and neither party is one hundred percent happy with the results.that person made a wise decision.

Guess I will never learn. I,m still holding a grudge from 25 years ago and waiting for my chance to get even.

Good thread Curtis & yoda says woof to dodger.Turned 50 in October and forgive but never forget policy has served me well especially recently at work as after 30yrs. they are trying every trick in book to make me uncomfortable in hopes I'll retire but not going to happen.

Oldschoolcuda

that helps me bcoz i been feeling really guilty about some bad stuff i did in the last month.....i think i will feel better if i confess and forgive myself for being an idiot.

first main thing is that at my maid job, its been kinda slow in the last month bcoz of the holidays, so there were a few times this past month that i finished cleaning the house and doing the cooking early and no one was around so i went and took a nap under the coffee table so i can hear if someone is coming.

another thing is there is middle school near my house, so over the holidays nobody was around so i went onto the playground without permission and used the merry go round and swings........its a low traffic area but when a car past by i hid in some bushes and when it was gone i continued. there was nobody around to get permission so i just took a liberty and i feel guilty now.

and the other thing is over the holiday break my boss at my maid job and her family went to Pennsylvania for a week, and since i have a key to the house i went in there during the week when nobody was supposed to be there and pretended that i lived there ......i slept on her massive king size bed and used the hot tub and parked in the garage and ate their cereal .....and when i was done i put everything back the way it was so they dont know, but thats a lie.

after seeing this thread i feel like coming clean to my boss...to see if she forgives

I wouldn't push it Rani. Some people don't for give especially when their personal stuff is compromised. You understand what you did was wrong ,just don't do it again.

Hope it's ok to add one more thing...when we hold grudges, we are allowing that person to control our feelings, so when we forgive them, we are setting ourselves free. Holding the grudge, we are miserable while the other person probably doesn't even care. Forgiving is something you do for yourself as much as for the other person.

Forgiving is something you do for yourself as much as for the
other person.

True goldfish because so many these days go thru life thinking of only themselves. With that said,that is were the never forget part plays into my equation( which some will construe as holding a grudge). As an example If you owed me $25 from 1982(random date) or something else happened that was not reconciled & we happen to meet up, that will be the first topic of conversation out of my mouth.

Oldschoolcuda

Hope it's ok to add one more thing...when we hold grudges, we are allowing that person to control our feelings, so when we forgive them, we are setting ourselves free. Holding the grudge, we are miserable while the other person probably doesn't even care. Forgiving is something you do for yourself as much as for the other person.

Very good.

I can err with the best of em,...on occasion i do forgive (or try),...But I never forget....

-
Back