To much cam??

-
Sounds like a much more appropriate choice given your conditions. I bet with that 2400 stall, it'll be much more peppy and fun to drive.

Younggun is correct though-if you run into any issues don't hesitate to post up.

I got the new cam and lifters today and hopefully I'll have time to put it back togehter this weekend. Any toughts on a gear drive while it's apart? I''ll post the results when I'm finished.

Yeah - don't bother with a gear drive unless it's the good Milodon one. I think it's a waste of money/effort at this point.

that is not a real big cam lol. there were stock h.p. cams in that range.

i'm guessing that you need to go over with a fine tooth comb where the vacuum hoses are to be put on that specific carb, and if you have any ports on the manifold are those to be plugged or used.

what carb do you have?

I'm inclined to agree with the commentary about the gear drive...if you want to swap to a high quality multi-keyway timing set, that's always a good idea...

that is not a real big cam lol. there were stock h.p. cams in that range.

i'm guessing that you need to go over with a fine tooth comb where the vacuum hoses are to be put on that specific carb, and if you have any ports on the manifold are those to be plugged or used.

what carb do you have?

You're right, it's not a big cam, but he's also running a stock 383 with stock type cast flat tops that are likely .060" in the hole with open chamber 906 heads. It would probably be a much better matched combo since he doesn't want to swap converter and gears.

I'm pretty sure he mentioned in the first couple pages about checking for vacuum leaks...

New cam and lifters are installed and cam degreed in. Completely different engine, 12 in. vacuum at idle, power brakes work and it doesn't die when put into gear. Right now I'm running 15 degrees base timing and 34 total with no vacuum advance. The vacuum advance is not adjustable and seems to want 15 in. of vacuum before it works, I may check on an adjustable one.
Hell it even does a better burn out now.

-
Back