To much camber

-

desperado

dodge boy
Reaction score
i have a 73 dart sport. was front drum brake. it took me some time but i was able to get b body spindles and the rest of the parts to put disc brakes on it. when i swapped it out i supported the car with jack stands under the lower control arms. i knocked the ball joints loose. pushed the upper control arm up so i could pull out the old spindles. installed the new ones.the upper control arms were never off the car.i get it all back together.now my problem is i have a ton of positive camber. i called rielly motorsports he told me to drive the car it will settle it's self and be ok. i have been driving it and bouncing it while parked in my shop.it hasnt gotten any better. before the swap it was spot on. everything i have read says the parts are a direct swap.has anyone else had this issue. before i installed the new spindles i did install new moog lower ball joints.any help would be greatly apprecated.

"Direct swap" means direct bolt on....and it IS. The B body spindles have a little different geometry so you must have it realigned.

They also make an offset moog bushing for the upper control arms, but you should not need them if the busings / eccentric bolts are in good condition. I will be doing the same B body swap on my Duster in the next month or so

upper control arms are on eccentrics
start with front all out and rear all in
bring rear out until spindle is vertical,or tilting in a degree or so at the top
this will get you pretty close with max avail. caster
now using tie rods adjust toe in 1/16 or 1/8"
drive around the block and then double check everything

when making your adjustments you will need the lower a-arms under load.
it may take a couple of adjustments and if bringing the rear eccentric out all the (unlikely) doesn't get you to vertical you may need to bring the front eccentric in a bit
After your first adjustment index (mark)your eccentrics so you know where to go next if necessary.
also allows you to check that they haven't moved after a bit of driving time.

-
Back