$$$ to rebuild a 904

-
Does that include pulling it and putting it back? What kinda build? Stock? Performance?

Is $600.00 a fair price to rebuild a 904?
Depending on what your getting done,stock or race appl?I had my race trans built with lower first gear,change drums,blue belts,red clutches.I paid just over $700 and am happy with it,s performance.:cheers:

friend of mine here in central,NJ gets $250 plus whatever kit you want to go with but
thats with you pulling it out.

In N.C. it runs around 750 for a turn key job. I need one done but after reading a rebuild book I don't believe I could do it.

like stated already. depends on whats getting done. a friend will do a performance build for right around $600 in a 904. it also depends if it needs hard parts.

Just for reference in the Pittsburgh/PA area....

I paid $850 for the guy I had rebuild my 727 tranny the third time, and that included some minor hard parts, and R/R in the car and tweaking.

The first yahoo I paid like $1200 dropping the tranny off to him....TWICE....now that included some hard parts. Got most of my cash back from him.

About 3 or 4 years ago I paid around $450 to have a 998 rebuilt. Included replacing the lockup torque converter & installing a mild shift improvement kit. I did the R&R of the trans. They also flushed out my radiator trans cooler & my auxiliary cooler. It was in a 4wd application.

Our local tranny guy charges $600, You pull and replace.

I have about $600 in parts alone for my 904, not including a $300 converter...Red clutches, Red solid front band, Red forward/reverse band, kolene steels, heavy duty band strut, master rebuild kit, selective snap ring kit, TransGO 2 shift kit, & a couple other things. My brother is building it up for me for free, but I'll prolly give him a 100 bucks or so. Can't wait, itll be done in a few days :)

Had Rick Allison at A n A Transmission pull, build, blue print and install the 904 pushbutton in our 64 Valiant for about 1200.00. It comes with a lifetime warranty, and he stands behind his work. None better in my opinion. located in Camby, Indiana. http://www.aandatrans.com/

Price includes pull and replace, new convertor,new clutches and seals. Sounds like I`m getting a pretty good deal.

-
Back