To run cutouts or not run cutouts, that is the question.

-
Skip ahead to the 5:00 mark. That's my car running electric cutouts after the X. Not being biased to my car, but if you think that sounds like crap, then you and I have very different opinions of what sounds good. Does it sound as good as an open header? No. Does it sound pretty decent? I'd like to think so.

[ame]http://youtu.be/rSejJEr67MA[/ame]

Skip ahead to the 5:00 mark. That's my car running electric cutouts after the X. Not being biased to my car, but if you think that sounds like crap, then you and I have very different opinions of what sounds good. Does it sound as good as an open header? No. Does it sound pretty decent? I'd like to think so.

http://youtu.be/rSejJEr67MA

I will admit, that sounds a LOT better than most I have heard.

Purple Hornies... Nuff said

We used to put the header muffler version of those in Jeep CJs for guys when I was in school. They sounded pretty good. The cops didn't like them though.

i run them on my car and hardly ever close them. I have had more compliments then i can count about how good my car sounds. the cam shaft makes all the difference.

i run them on my car and hardly ever close them. I have had more compliments then i can count about how good my car sounds. the cam shaft makes all the difference.

Probably the most accurate post. Most I have heard around here are on stupid Chevys that have that dumbass 350/350 cam in them that only have 222 @ .050 ground on a 115. LOL.

Sounds like a frikkin log truck.

They aren't legal here in Minnesota. Neither is loud exhaust, street racing, bumpers over a certain height, etc.... It's all look the other way enforcement. If you piss off a cop, he will probably give you a ticket, but if you piss off a cop you probably deserve it.

There seems to be the opinion that I would run them open all the time. If I was going to do that I would run open headers and be done with it. I would use them at the track and the occasional street race. And don't give me crap about street racing. We build these cars for a reason. Otherwise I would run them closed the majority of the time.

Exacltly.

Forget these old grumpy men. If you want them then put them on. They only have to be loud when YOU WANT THEM TO BE.

F anyone else's opinion.

Look at me, look at me,.....can you even hear me old man? :D

Exacltly.

Forget these old grumpy men. If you want them then put them on. They only have to be loud when YOU WANT THEM TO BE.

F anyone else's opinion.

Be careful looks like you will end up being a grumpier old man I posted on here about having cutouts I'm 63 so I don't know if I'm that old man or not

Exacltly.

F anyone else's opinion.

No reason to be a dick and be insulting. Nobody did that to you. Been a good discussion till your post.

Skip ahead to the 5:00 mark. That's my car running electric cutouts after the X. Not being biased to my car, but if you think that sounds like crap, then you and I have very different opinions of what sounds good. Does it sound as good as an open header? No. Does it sound pretty decent? I'd like to think so.]

Beautiful car!!!

Whatever....dont be so butt hurt so easliy. I put a smiley face on the end:D

I guess I found the grumpy old men...:D

I have the manual stainless ones on my car don't think i opened them once last season,most classes i run in don't allow open exhaust but when i run a class allowing open exhaust i usually open them..car performs the same open or closed in fact my quickest pass is with them closed..car sounds badass with them open though:D:D

https://youtu.be/ovIcMu-zWjk[/url]
the video quality sucks but the audio came out like it should

We used to put the header muffler version of those in Jeep CJs for guys when I was in school. They sounded pretty good. The cops didn't like them though.

Yeah,I want a set of hooker headers and a pair of purple hornies, that way when asked what exhaust, I can say Hornie hooker :cheers:

Here's a short vid of my car with cutouts open and closed:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvLgI-3VrTM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvLgI-3VrTM[/ame]

I got em. Hell I just cut the "H" outta my brand new TTI 3 inch system to weld em in.....they don't sound as good as open headers, they probably won't help ET........but people seem to LOVE them.

Open them up at the cruise and watch the faces! Gotta make em happy.

Can you run your car with the headers open one time? that will tell you if you will see an improvement. other wise your just doing it for the sound, which i think is cool.

I'm running a 416 with 1 3/4 hookers thru 2 1/2pipes w/H and Dynomax super turbos dumped at the axle. I installed 3" manual cutouts. I see between .15 to .2 improvement in ET an about 2mph gain with them open.
After 2 years of crawling under the car to open them I added the electrics last week! I love them, can't wait for the first cruise nite.

here's a pic before the H pipe and electrics installed

Attachments

• 1201122157.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 191
No need to worry about the cops with electric cutouts. You got seven seconds once you see one

Can you run your car with the headers open one time? that will tell you if you will see an improvement. other wise your just doing it for the sound, which i think is cool.

I'm running a 416 with 1 3/4 hookers thru 2 1/2pipes w/H and Dynomax super turbos dumped at the axle. I installed 3" manual cutouts. I see between .15 to .2 improvement in ET an about 2mph gain with them open.
After 2 years of crawling under the car to open them I added the electrics last week! I love them, can't wait for the first cruise nite.

I would take .2 extra. What brand did you install? That's the biggest question. I want a good, long lasting cutout for the best price available.

I've had both electric and manual on 2 different hemi-cars. I vote NO cutouts. They don't sound anything like the car did with open headers....so I'd rather just run it thru the exhaust system.

-
Back