To stripe or not to stripe...that is the question

-

greg

Reaction score
I've got a 68 DART and it has the DART letters on the rear quarters by the marker lights. Do you think the stripes still look ok with the DART letters there?

Attachments

• dart 1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 337
  • paint job 003.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 329
  • paint job 001.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 323
i posted in your other thread that this thing was screaming for a belt. i didnt realize it says dart on the flanks. personally , i dont care for the stripe through the letters, but thats just me. if the letters werent there it look awesome with a stripe , but thats only my opinion. either way that paint job is stellar

your car looks so good just as it sits! I kind of agree with everybody. No stripe with the Dart on the rear 1/4panel.

Beautiful, I love it just like it is. It's just right. With the stripe and the letters, it would look too "forced", and I sure wouldn't remove the letters in this case, to add a stripe. That color is awesome on that car by the way, and the white top makes it even better.

Do you think the stripes still look ok with the DART letters there?

strip will look stupid with the letters there.

car is way too clean looking the way it is to mess it up with a stripe.

No stripe... Its already a work of art leave it as is..........

Well...the jury has spoken! NO STRIPE. By the way, the white top was replaced with the black vinyl (that was a before paint picture). When I got the car I had to put a new skin on the roof as it was really rusty. I painted it white so I could drive it last season. (donor sroof skin was blue) . Thanks for the compliment about the shop. We're in Niagara Falls Canada and we take people through all the time. We've got a huge shop full of classic cars. If any members are ever in the area, please PM me in advance and I'd be happy to show you what we do. We've got a big OPEN HOUSE and CAR SHOW on June 17, Father's Day. Since I'm not sure wha the rules are on FABO I won't be more specific about our details. PM me for more information.

I am a huge fan of the tail stripe on a Dart... However, with those letters, the stripe wouldnt look good.. I think that car looks bad *** the way it is.. no stripe needed

there was another kind of stripe for '68's as well

68-Dart-Side-Stripe.jpg

this is on a model haha
LightGreen68DartFront.jpg

http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Stripes_Lettering/Dart/68_Mid.htm

Well...the jury has spoken! NO STRIPE. By the way, the white top was replaced with the black vinyl (that was a before paint picture). When I got the car I had to put a new skin on the roof as it was really rusty. I painted it white so I could drive it last season. (donor sroof skin was blue) .

I see, well, it looks good with either color top. I love green Darts, yours is killer.

he could use the side stripe... but he would have to leave a gap for the D A R T letters and paint them black so they would stand out D A R T

here is a bumble stripe that doesnt look bad in my opinion

Attachments

• dartstripe.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 253
Dog Dish to come!!

Attachments

• tires.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 191
  • tires bumper.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 194
No strip, because that's the way I swing.....man I really need to get an updated pic of my car.....

Attachments

• d3.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 181
Good without stripe but...
The bumblebee on those is NICE. And I'm not really a stripe fan.
What about a bumblebee that completely covers the DART. Too wide?

-
Back