To Stroke or not to Stroke?

340 550HP, But how???

• Total voters
-
How do i subscribe to this thread
Hmm, I think you check the 'Watch Thead' in the upper right corner on every page (of course you check it only once. :D)
I think there is an App to send alerts (notifications) to your pc or smartphone... read it somewhere here. Never tried it.
Don't even own a smartphone.

You're just showin off! And I LOVE it! J.Rob

If converting a manifold like that to EFI I think mounting the injectors on the backside of the TB would allow a better angle for the injector to fire down the port--but injector position can be counter-intuitive at times also. J.Rob

ok ok I love them all but can it be done with a modified factory sixpack :usflag:

So if HemiMark sends Mike his fuel injection and I send him.................

My LAX heads............
2010 Mopar Nats and Chenoweth contest engine 037.jpg

Now at...........
Lift....................CFM

Does that let Mark (ah, rather, Mike) make 702 HP?

Well, maybe not, some calculations indicate with the port cross section, they will choke on a 340 at about 6,800 rpm. I'd have to fill the pushrod holes and move the rocker arms over. At least the system has been wound to 7,800 rpm, maybe 8,000. I can't remember for sure.

Last edited:

My LAX heads............
View attachment 1715011681
Now at...........

Does that let Mark make 702 HP?

Well, maybe not, some calculations indicate with the port cross section, they will choke on a 340 at about 6,800 rpm. I'd have to fill the pushrod holes and move the rocker arms over. At least the system has been wound to 7,800 rpm, maybe 8,000. I can't remember for sure.

Love the girdle being tied into the cylinder head itself and not just the rocker studs. OOTB thinking right there. J.Rob

Love the girdle being tied into the cylinder head itself and not just the rocker studs. OOTB thinking right there. J.Rob
HAH! Your thinking isn't exactly BOX STOCK either!

The corners of the girdle support look mighty tight to fit valve covers.
Although I am sure you got it all figured out.

The corners of the girdle support look mighty tight to fit valve covers.
Although I am sure you got it all figured out.

Yep. When the heads were on the 273 with smaller valves.
2010 Mopar Nats and Chenoweth contest engine 065.jpg

If converting a manifold like that to EFI I think mounting the injectors on the backside of the TB would allow a better angle for the injector to fire down the port--but injector position can be counter-intuitive at times also. J.Rob

The underside is reserved for vacuum. I needed vacuum for power brakes or I would have hidden nitrous plumbing under there!

IMG_4262.JPG

Ok, so Im going to do a 340 as a 340. My goal, to make 550hp at 6500rpm. I will go past that, but thats my goal. Streetability, well, it will be pump gas. Its not going to have a smooth idle, but it will run good and be able to run on the street. Vacuum, Im guessing 7-9in at idle, we will see. Im not 100% sure if its going to be carb or efi. I really like the FiTech's that I have run here recently, so that may be an option. That will help with the streetable part as well.
Is it going to be trick? Hell yes! Is it going to be Exotic? Hell NO! I have a plan, it will take a bit to get it all done, but in the end we hope to get our goal. And yes, it will be for sale at the end of it all. How much? I have no clue at this point.

So thats it, a NON race 340 that makes 550hp at 6500rpm, pump gas, maybe efi maybe carb.

Ok, so Im going to do a 340 as a 340. My goal, to make 550hp at 6500rpm. I will go past that, but thats my goal. Streetability, well, it will be pump gas. Its not going to have a smooth idle, but it will run good and be able to run on the street. Vacuum, Im guessing 7-9in at idle, we will see. Im not 100% sure if its going to be carb or efi. I really like the FiTech's that I have run here recently, so that may be an option. That will help with the streetable part as well.
Is it going to be trick? Hell yes! Is it going to be Exotic? Hell NO! I have a plan, it will take a bit to get it all done, but in the end we hope to get our goal. And yes, it will be for sale at the end of it all. How much? I have no clue at this point.

So thats it, a NON race 340 that makes 550hp at 6500rpm, pump gas, maybe efi maybe carb.

I look forward to it! Should be exciting.

I see you mention really liking FItech unit, I got one for my 340, haven't installed it yet. What are you liking so much about it? How well does it seem to learn? And tuning tips and tricks? I am thinking I'm going to run the self tuner for the first couple weeks. Then when that's sorted really start getting into the tables and seeing how much more tuning I can give it.

I also got a little idea for your 340 build. Do you think it could be done on Iron (J/X/etc, no w) heads? Recently been thinking about a "max effort" all iron street small block build. Prove some skeptics wrong.

No iron heads, waste of money and time. They will be aluminum heads.
The Fitech was easy to use, responded well, made good power and has a ton of options. It was easier to hook up than an MSD box!

When I get rolling on it I will open a thread on it.

My LAX heads............
View attachment 1715011681
Now at...........

Does that let Mark (ah, rather, Mike) make 702 HP?

Man.....a 8000 rpm 273......reminds me of a time we were gonna look into a 273 to run in a 2 barrel oval track class, never materialized because they restricted our camshaft limits before we got started...

-
Back