To those that have bad dealings!

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I purchased some things from a guy over on MM. I sent the money and waited, a few weeks went by and nothing. By now I'm gettin' pizzed, so I searched myspace and lo and behold I found him there.

With that said I tracked down and began calling his family members, Mom, Dad, and messaging on there exactly what kind of person he was. Wouldn't you know after speaking with his Mom on the phone, at work, she gave me his Dad's number and I called him. Just a couple of days later UPS shows up at my house with the parts.

Maybe some of you can try this method, it may or may not work, but family pressure might go a long way in some instances, just a suggestion.

We shouldn't have to resort to such tactics, but when you have money on the line you gotta do what you gotta do.

I like your determination and creative use of the internet.

Truth is you may have done the idiot a great service. There is at least a small chance he learned something.

Just like pain, consequences are very good. :banghead:

Last time I called someone's Dad doing this, he turned out to be just as bad as the son

Sad but true that often the apple does not fall far from the tree.
Still worth trying I say.

:banghead: :blackeye: :protest: :wack: :-k :sign6: :cheers:

Last time I called someone's Dad doing this, he turned out to be just as bad as the son

I thought of that, but had to give it a shot. Turned out the Dad was not a happy camper when I told him, as he is a multiple Mopar owner too. He told me that the boy was not raised that way and he would look into it. He even called me back and told me to be expecting my package.

Thanx Badsport,, great idea, I reealy want him to have a nice day, from any direction.. lol ...

Yup, you might find him on other forums or on Facebook. I figured I had nothing to lose so I gave it a shot. I also called the local Sheriff's department but was told it was a civil matter and of course they wouldn't do anything.

Civil matter my ***, its fraud and if you go crazy and steal $$$$, I seen the police come down hard. Using a computer to commit a crime and other criminal charges.

If you advertise parts for sale and just collect the money and never ship the parts, its stealing.

Could be worst, check this out in Ohio

3rd body possibly tied to Craigslist ad identified

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Authorities identified the body of an Ohio man Saturday who could potentially be the third victim of a bogus Craigslist ad that lured two jobseekers to their deaths.

The body of Ralph Geiger was found in a shallow grave Nov. 25 in the same area another body was found last month in the heavily wooded area in southeastern Ohio, Noble County Sheriff Steve Hannum said.

Jobseekers who interviewed for the ranch work were told they'd earn about $300 a week, have a place to live and a vehicle to drive, authorities said. But they were also warned there was no cellphone service in the area.

The alleged scheme apparently targeted middle-aged men with few family ties. A woman in her 20s who answered the ad in October said she never heard back.

Two suspects in custody are from the Akron area: a high school student who has been charged with attempted murder and 52-year-old Richard Beasley, who is in jail on unrelated charges. Beasley's mother has described her son's relationship with the jailed teen as that of a mentor, and has said she hopes the charges against her son are false.

Authorities say a Craigslist ad was used to lure Norfolk, Va., resident David Pauley, 51, to Ohio, apparently with the intent of robbing him. Pauley was found dead in the rural area of Noble County, 90 miles south of Akron. A South Carolina man also answered the ad and was shot Nov. 6 before escaping, police say.

Authorities say Timothy Kern, 47, of Massillon, whose body was found buried near an Akron shopping mall Friday, answered the ad this month and was last seen Nov. 13.

Authorities have said robbery may have been the motive for Pauley's death and the attack on the South Carolina man. They said Pauley was told to bring all of his possessions to the site.

Kern's father said one of the stipulations of the job was that his son was supposed to sign his car over to the man he interviewed with in exchange for a truck. Kern said his son never told him the man's name.

dont know if i would do that when i saw something like that on the court show it was called harassment.. you can call the person that stuck you but not anybody in the family or friends unless they where part of the deal..you could get in trouble with the law...

dont know if i would do that when i saw something like that on the court show it was called harassment.. you can call the person that stuck you but not anybody in the family or friends unless they where part of the deal..you could get in trouble with the law...

I think once is OK if its done nicely.

Its like asking for a date, if she turns you down and then you keep on asking her, that gets in to harassment.

Yup, you might find him on other forums or on Facebook. I figured I had nothing to lose so I gave it a shot. I also called the local Sheriff's department but was told it was a civil matter and of course they wouldn't do anything.

FACT IS: It is NOT a civil matter, it is fraud. You'll find many cops lazy on these issues. Next time try his supervisor or the DA's office.

Yes cops can be lazy but one time its harder to prove and if the amount is under a few hundred dollars, well. People do fall ill or even forget to ship a item but when it keeps on happening then its no mistake-why you should always file a complaint with the police. If enough complaints get filed, the police will investigate and likely arrest the person--or issue a warrant if they can't find him.

Sometimes you need to be more demanding when speaking with the police. You gotta tell them you want to file a compliant and they can fax you the forms to fill out.

FACT IS: It is NOT a civil matter, it is fraud. You'll find many cops lazy on these issues. Next time try his supervisor or the DA's office.

Well that's how I saw it, but I'm in Michigan he was in Montana. Not much I could do other than ask.

I wasn't about to sit back and take a whipping, harass away.

-
Back