To Turbo Or Not To Turbo?!!

-

CUUDAK

Reaction score
I have seen the Dragrace scene change considerably here in South Texas recently. A lot of the local guys are moving to turbo's Most were using N2O and I do understand the effect on parts. I have seen some wild horsepower numbers with minimal effort!

I really do not want to jack with fuel injection at this point. I do prefer Blow-thru setup. I guess what I am getting to is the complication of tuning. Has anyone got a similar setup? Photos? I really want to shed the theory of a muscle car rumbling beside you at a stoplight. Nice and quiet, very easy on parts, but leave your *** in the dust when the light turns green kinda thingy!!

My naturally aspirated setup pushing 480 horse sounds like a monster, runs like a bat outa hell but uses 2 tanks of gas on a Saturday evening!

Turbos are much more efficient than this monster cammed and 850 Holley DP Bigblock slammin the 4speed to 391 posi @ 75mph. And thats in the slow lane!!

Shoot some opinions and photos if you gottum!!

prewarning you cant just go from juice to boost and have it be efective a turbo puts a lot of DIFFERANT strain on the motor. if your serious about doing it post up how your motor is built currently and ill help you out ive turbo'ed a few cars and about 6 bikes currently helping my roommate built a twin turbo blowthru 350 chebby that should be about 750hp and very streetable

Cool link!! Additional links are helpful in the thread as well. Thanks!!!!

-
Back