Today's Craig's List score

-

Jim Lusk

Reaction score
My wife announced early this afternoon that she was bored and wanted to go do something. So, what do I do? Look on Craig's for Mopar parts, obviously. Found a guy about a half hour south with a bunch of pics that included the power steering pump I've been looking for my son's Dart, bracket, pulley and all. He sent me a price that was more than fair so off we went. Scrounged through the rest of the stuff and came home with the pump, factory 318 poly four barrel intake, four '68-70 B-body backup lights (one lens cracked), Dodge sport wheel horn button and switch, AC idler pulley and alternator bracket. The guy still has a '62 413 with matching transmission and a truck.MH 400 with short tail 727. A few extra big block heads and LA 318 top ends. Not sure how much he wants for those, but the price would probably be pretty good.

20230907_190744.jpg

20230907_190759.jpg

20230907_190809.jpg

20230907_191746.jpg

20230907_191752.jpg

W
My wife announced early this afternoon that she was bored and wanted to go do something. So, what do I do? Look on Craig's for Mopar parts, obviously. Found a guy about a half hour south with a bunch of pics that included the power steering pump I've been looking for my son's Dart, bracket, pulley and all. He sent me a price that was more than fair so off we went. Scrounged through the rest of the stuff and came home with the pump, factory 318 poly four barrel intake, four '68-70 B-body backup lights (one lens cracked), Dodge sport wheel horn button and switch, AC idler pulley and alternator bracket. The guy still has a '62 413 with matching transmission and a truck.MH 400 with short tail 727. A few extra big block heads and LA 318 top ends. Not sure how much he wants for those, but the price would probably be pretty good.

View attachment 1716138835

View attachment 1716138836

View attachment 1716138837

View attachment 1716138838

View attachment 1716138839
Wire brush time.
There is something about cleaning old parts that soothes my soul.

Good scores.....but did that make the wife happy? lol

Hey Jim.
You put the money to good use that i paid you, for the spindles that you sold to me.
You made out well, with your buy, and i was quite pleased what i purchased from you.
Good score, reading the local Craigslist at the right time.

Looking at the Fresno Craigslist, I'm pretty sure i read the ad that you saw, and purchased the parts from.

Last edited:
Hey Jim.
You put the money to good use that i paid you, for the spindles that you sold to me.
You made out well, with your buy, and i was quite pleased what i purchased from you.
Didn't spend that much...

Hey Jim.

Looking at the Fresno Craigslist, I'm pretty sure i read the ad that you saw, and purchased the parts from.
Well yall are two of the best. No surprise yall's deal worked out good.

Good find!!

Very few good scores on CL up in in N. Idaho / Spokane. The idiots have abandoned CL for Phlakebook Marketpharce

Good find!!

Very few good scores on CL up in in N. Idaho / Spokane. The idiots have abandoned CL for Phlakebook Marketpharce
I like FB for the connections to old friends, BUT marketplace SUCKS. Craig's is trying to suck more these days, too. I've been motor home shopping and used to be when you narrowed your search there was a break between those in your local market and those nearby if there weren't "enough" in your market. Plus guys are posting the same listing in multiple markets without telling you where it is located.

Back in my day a craigslist score had a whole different meaning.
I worked a job where the construction superintendent was a coke head that stayed late and had hookers in the job trailer....he found them on craigslist...

This was a construction site, a school no less!
We'd work 7-3:30, he would stay late. Many thought he was just staying late to catch up on paperwork but instead he was blowing lots of cash on drugs and snatch.
He was fired.

This was a construction site, a school no less!
We'd work 7-3:30, he would stay late. Many thought he was just staying late to catch up on paperwork but instead he was blowing lots of cash on drugs and snatch.
He was fired.
He should have been a school district employee. They would have promoted him...

Nice score !! Would you be interested in selling any of the other parts? Specifically the sport wheel stuff ??? I got a wheel but need the switch and adapter. Let me know.
Thanks

-
Back