Tom & Dee Go Fund Me

-
Doesn't take the new Mastercard chip cards either :protest:

Duke,

Not sure why you are having this issue. I made first donation on the site using my new chipped M/C debit card. If you have a checking account try using your debit card.

Tom

Blessings and prayers sent, and a small amount of help, I have to keep my feelings in check as much as I can and my hart goes out to you and Dee.
My battle seems so small when I see Dee going threw this.

Bumped a bit. Now $1740

Like to see some action today. Please all share with Facebook friends and maybe ask for help.

Tom informs me Dee goes to Hospice likely as I type this. What a blessing as that is where she needs to be.

Tom Spinelli

Tom - any idea how much the donations though PayPal have reached? just curious to know if this whole thing is getting anywhere near the $7500 mark. Thanks
Bumped a bit. Now $1740

Like to see some action today. Please all share with Facebook friends and maybe ask for help.

Tom informs me Dee goes to Hospice likely as I type this. What a blessing as that is where she needs to be.

Tom Spinelli

Duke,

Not sure why you are having this issue. I made first donation on the site using my new chipped M/C debit card. If you have a checking account try using your debit card.

Tom

its something with how my bank has my cards set up, im having trouble using them all over town. unless its the new chip reader, it wont work swiped or if the numbers are inputted like online. I've called everyday this week about it, so I'm back to using cash for the time being

its something with how my bank has my cards set up, im having trouble using them all over town. unless its the new chip reader, it wont work swiped or if the numbers are inputted like online. I've called everyday this week about it, so I'm back to using cash for the time being

I had this very same trouble with my old fashioned debt card,,,,, I got a new one from bank ( again not a chip one),,,, but works perfect now. I guess the magnectic strip on olc card was worn...

my bank is 50 mi away so was convenient to just get a new one! the day Walmart would not take the card at ALL!!!! for a $150 bill, I new it was time to do something!!!!! LOL

Tom - any idea how much the donations though PayPal have reached? just curious to know if this whole thing is getting anywhere near the $7500 mark. Thanks

Tom offered that PayPal donations are around $350, so not nearly the goal, regardless every dollar counts as we get close to needing to utilize these funds. Oh and just so everyone is clear, I will take nothing from the fund. Virginia and I helped Tom and Dee because we felt compelled to do so. While Tom wants to pay us back, that pressure is just his honesty and desire to do the right thing. We have family members that owe us well over the amount we have given to Tom & Dee and never see a dime, even though they swear on a stack of bibles they will do so. It is just the way of life. Some of us are lucky enough to learn the true value of giving with no expectations of return. With us the universe somehow manages to reward us back with services and monies that come from literally nowhere. Kind of fun to watch actually.

Tom Spinelli

PS For those interested. http://seedmoney.wwwhubs.com/

I have a story I may share that will blow everyone's mind re this. Happened many years back during my first marriage. I will share it once the issues with Tom & Dee quiet down. For right now the focus is on them.

Did you activate it?

Morning Bump.

Hope everyone is sharing this with twitter and facebook friends.

We seem to be at a standstill again. The cost for cremation is higher than I thought, so a few bucks more can help.

Tom S

Bump to the top again. It's payday, and I just threw a little more in the pot. I know a lot of us are pretty strapped ourselves, but we have over 40,000 members here. Tom has been a great member on this sight, and needs some help right now. If most of us would just pitch in a buck or two, just imagine how much we could help him out.

Bump,

And to everyone that offered their condolences on the RIP thread. How about ponying up 10 bucks a piece if you did not either send money to Tom via PayPal or donate to the go fund me. TBQH I am amazed at how many people actually offer real help and how many people offer lip service. This man just lost his wife and I swear there are a bunch of folk digging their toes in the dirt here. If I get kicked off this board for offering this critique so be it. But it seems to me that a lot of folk here can talk the talk but when times are tough and it is time to stand up and do their part they don't walk the walk. IMHO ...

I am thankful for those that did reach out with their hearts and wallets, but last count on the GO FUND ME that was less than 30 people.

Nuff Said.

Tom S.

X2 with above - and further more, as I said at one point - if everyone who reads this were to give up ONE cup of coffee (or soda or whatever) and donate just $2.50... there have been over 2800 views - maybe 20 or 30% is repeat people - that's still in the range of 2500 people - 2.50 x 2500------ yea, Nuff said. But I do have to say this too- not that the following really means a lot- it is meant more to inspire-- because of the non-monetary generosity of another member I donated $50 in his name - I was planning to do $25 on my own but, when I saw his offering I was moved to do more.. come on folks -

I just sent $60 more to his go fund me account. You guys are great.

Thank You everyone. It is going to be a tough time to have to go on without my wife. I sincerely appreciate all the donations made. It takes a huge burden off my shoulders.

-
Back