Tom's Duster: BOOM!

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Yup... it's dead already. Owned it 6 days. He didn't even register it in his name, still has the previous owners plates on it.... and the rear let go. We jacked it up this morning and found the pinion nut backed off, ruining the bearing and pinion. Needless to say, Tom has a phone call to make to the previous owner.
SANY0005-vi.jpg

This is how we spent our morning... thrashing to drop the chunk before a noon B-B-Q obligation.
SANY7-vi.jpg

Tom was calling me a sunofabitch for taking pictures. I said "Hey, it's all good when your frying the tires, right?" Now we take pictures when it blows up.
SANY0012-vi.jpg

Here you can see where the pinion backed into the differential carrier gouging the housing. I reminded Tom that he said the 4:30's were too much and he wanted 3:55's anyway.... 8)

He said he was going to kick me in the nuts.... :-D

Here's Tom bitching at me...
http://media.putfile.com/TomTrashing

Could have been worse Tom!! :shock:
I could have been there with my video camera getting all of the moves.:sign5:
Hay Tom!! all is good.

John !! I bet Tom was glad you was there.:thumleft:
you are a funny and helpful man.:cheers:

Hope all go's good Tom, Hope you got to have a good day anyway.:drinkers:

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Tom is out of his mind.

Yeah... we have fun wrenching together. I had a busy weekend and only managed to get a little work done on the house & car. Not nearly as much as I wanted to get done. Tom blowing up his car was just another set-back. He'll be back in the saddle by next weekend.

-
Back