Too Hot

-
That’s my set-up. I have a shroud, correct for my ‘69 rad top tank. I have springs in the bottom and top hose, I still confirmed they aren’t collapsing. I checked air movement through the radiator and it pulls more air with increased RPM. I am assuming it’s moving coolant as the bottom hose becomes very warm. The fan is facing the correct way. The tubes look fine, nothing spaced too close or touching and the fins are all in good condition. I couldn’t reach Bob at Glen Ray but will try again on Monday.

image.jpg

I’m still tuning the six pack, learning what it likes. AF at cruise (55mph@2600 RPM) is around 12.7:1. Goes very lean at WOT before outers start to add fuel, trying to remedy that.
Plugs are sooty, dry, not oily. Plugs are Champion RC14YC, oil is Amsoil ZRod 10W30 full synthetic. Fuel is 90 octane at the pump.

What is this large gap between the shroud and the top tank? The shroud should sit tight against the radiator.

Screenshot_20240923_152644_Chrome.jpg

I didn’t notice the gap before, I’ve adjusted the shroud to bring it closer. I’ll test it once it stops raining.
Thanks for the input and thanks to everyone else for their input as well.

Selfishly, i want the problem to be solved with the introduction of a pic.

I guess I’ll talk to the therapist about that

Fingers crossed

What is this large gap between the shroud and the top tank? The shroud should sit tight against the radiator.
The OP is having issues ate speed the gap MIGHT make a difference at idle but not at speed IMHO

other than trapped air the only thing changed was the radiator. ARE you sure they sent you YOUR radiator back???? maybe they sent you a comparable rad for fit but not in tube design etc?

You could be right, they may have made a mistake with the radiator and didn’t send mine back to me. When I get home from work I’ll try to determine if it’s mine or not. Other than seeing four rows I don’t know what to look for as I didn’t track anything other than he put the outlet on the passenger side to accommodate my switch to the later timing cover and coolant pump.

I didn’t track anything other than he put the outlet on the passenger side to accommodate my switch to the later timing cover and coolant pump.
there might be signs that the inlet was on one side then moved?

Have you talked to the manufacturer yet?

I did, they confirmed they tested it before it left their shop, for leaks and pressure. They are an outstanding business and do great work, I believe them when they say they completed the necessary steps. I don’t know what else to check, I covered the shroud gap but that didn’t improve the situation. I’ll try to burp it again, maybe I made I didn’t do it right the first time.

-
Back