Too loud tickets.....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Back in high school,it was considered a rite of passage,to swap cam/intake/carb/headers and drive it uncorked to the muffler shop.Worst,I did 1994.68 El Camino,396 big cam,2 inch headers uncorked.Break in the cam,rattled the neighbors China off the walls at 10a.m.Have an appointment,muffler shop,3p.m.2 blocks away,no sweat.Fire up the car,run right by the local school,with crossguards.OOPS! Little kids are crying,parents swearing.Sure enough,roll into the muffler shop.Red/blue gumballs,rear view mirror.Sorry for the long post,got anything to share?

At a recent car show a guy showed up in a cool rat rod with open individual headers. I had to ask if the cops bothered him. He said not once. Kinda surprising.

On a side note, one of the rat rods there had actual barbed wire, all rusty, for spark plug wires and it ran fine. :D

My Valiant sets off car alarms off when I drive by all the parked yuppie SUV's, also has set alarms off after hours if i drive past certian stores :glasses7:

There is a guy not to far from here with zoomies and a blower, seen him on the road a few times. Chopper is good at setting off car alarms. Used to roll thru the parking lot at work and just blap the throttle and laugh. Never did get a ticket for the pipes, but I did get talked to a couple of times. Hard to keep a bike with 18" or so of exhaust quiet. I used to kill the motor and coast thru the neighbor hood when I was going home from work at midnight.

I had exhaust cutouts on my old road runner. I had fun when some thug was listenening to that crap they call music. Pull up alongside and open up those pipes and vroom vroom.

I had exhaust cutouts on my old road runner. I had fun when some thug was listenening to that crap they call music. Pull up alongside and open up those pipes and vroom vroom.

That is why I want electric cut-outs :prayer:

Bwa ha ha ha ha! Sorry, I'm afraid I can't comment on this thread. I will say that there is a high zoot parking garage that hates my Kermit the beater truck.....

Sadly, while my car is loud, it is not loud enough to set off car alarms. My parent's 58 Suburban was though....

Sorry officer, The exhaust broke on my way to the store. Thats why Im stopping at the exhaust shop right away.

Sitting in my srt8 in DQ parking lot waiting to pick up my daughter from work. Some idiot punk parks next to me shuts his car off then cranks his crap *** stereo that the trunk would rattle when the bass hit. Sat there laughing till I started my car and opened the exhaust, held it at 2000 till he shut that crap off and went inside. Everyone inside was cracking up.

Never a "too loud" ticket... BUT did get an "improper start" ticket for lighting em up in an empty parking lot back in the 80's.

Sitting in my srt8 in DQ parking lot waiting to pick up my daughter from work. Some idiot punk parks next to me shuts his car off then cranks his crap *** stereo that the trunk would rattle when the bass hit. Sat there laughing till I started my car and opened the exhaust, held it at 2000 till he shut that crap off and went inside. Everyone inside was cracking up.

Again, this is why I want electric exhaust cut-outs!!!!!!

We had a long title for light'en em' up. "Disturbing the public peace and quiet with a motor vehicle by squealing tires" I got a lot of those tickets. The old bias ply L60's would spin pretty easy. I did a parking lot power brake burnout and I finally noticed the red lights in the rearview mirror through the smoke. I finished my burnout and collected my ticket. (I was already caught, why stop now) LOL tmm

I'm thinking Keith is shopping for some exhaust products.

Justice is done! Love it! tmm

My '72 Demon had glass packs and would always set off car alarms.Once after barking the tires at every stop sign . I got pulled over and was told My car could be heard all the way across town. They kept Me there for some time with at least three cars with their lights going. Since none of them had actually witnessed Me in the act they couldn't ticket Me. Although they said "they knew it was Me" . I admitted to nothing and just said "yeah I heard that too",I sure did !

I have the electric cut outs on the Duster. Use them mainly when i go racing. But it
is nice to open them up going into a car show. Everybody turns and looks.
As far as getting a ticket. We got one with the wife's Dakota R/T. The cops didn't like
the sound of the factory pipes with a Flowmaster 3in. race muffler. Yeah it was kinda
loud. But it still was quieter that all those Harleys. Put on a stock muffler from my 99
Dakota. Ran it past the cops. Got a ok from them. Went back home and put on a
Flowmaster 40 series deltaflow. Sounds great now. Haven't been pulled over with this
set up.
One other. The 99 Dakota with a Thrush muffler like a Flowmaster. Was driving down a
state road. State cop pulled me over for going to fast. 5 over. Said he though the truck
sounded to loud at an idle. told me to rev it up. I did and it didn't get that much louder.
Didn't get any tickets. But gave me a whole speach about having to have current insurance paper in the truck.

The Mount Airy, NC police are super cool. They do not go out of their way to hassle guys like us with loud cars. They obviously have better things to do.

theres nothing i like better than pulling into walmart, idling up and down the rows, throwing it in neutral and free revving it and setting off car alarms.

no tickets... cops don't give the dart any crap.

but there is nothing like starting the car in a parking lot and the whole row of cars goes off.

At a recent car show a guy showed up in a cool rat rod with open individual headers. I had to ask if the cops bothered him. He said not once. Kinda surprising.

On a side note, one of the rat rods there had actual barbed wire, all rusty, for spark plug wires and it ran fine. :D

Is that the one around the Seattle area, barbed wire for plug wires and a 5 ft tall home made intake manifold?

I thought i had a picture but cant find it. I was amazed at how well it actually ran and sounded,

-
Back