Took my jeep to the strip.

-

TheTecher

Evan the jeeper.
Reaction score
Yesterday I took my Jeep ZJ to the drag strip just for gits and shiggles. It's a 1996 with 200,000 miles, 318 magnum with a 3 speed. It was my first time racing and it was awesome and I cant wait to get my cuda done. Here's my time slips in order from first to last. I was in the right lane.

Attachments

• image-3416764582.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 236
  • image-1138203222.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 244
  • image-1180374032.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 227
  • image-2839092653.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 244
Always wondered what my 99 4.0 sport could do in the quarter.

It's a quick little bastard....probably blow it up running it hard like that though, but I spanked a Subaru WRX a while back.
He could catch me when his turbo spooled up then I would pull away then he would catch up....and on and on....it was fun.

I knew one of you crazy s.o.b.'s would try this,... I too have a 99 sport 4.0 2wd with a stick and a limited slip,....would love to try It as well,...It ***** and gits,....surprises the youngsters at the firehouse who all gots hondota's and rubu's with fart cans,...( hey chief, how'd you get to the scene so fast?)...

View attachment May -Sep 2010 081.jpg

Ain't it fun!?!?!

Be the car fast or slow, running the strip is always a bit of fun for me.

jaimus said:
I knew one of you crazy s.o.b.'s would try this,... I too have a 99 sport 4.0 2wd with a stick and a limited slip,....would love to try It as well,...It ***** and gits,....surprises the youngsters at the firehouse who all gots hondota's and rubu's with fart cans,...( hey chief, how'd you get to the scene so fast?)...

I'm a FF also, my dad was chief for years. I've been in school for a year and a half and away from home. I miss fire fighting.

Always wondered what my 99 4.0 sport could do in the quarter.

It's a quick little bastard....probably blow it up running it hard like that though, but I spanked a Subaru WRX a while back.
He could catch me when his turbo spooled up then I would pull away then he would catch up....and on and on....it was fun.
I have a 2000 with a 4.0...

... I hope you don't really believe the rex was trying to race you...

My second pull was against an srt-8 grand cherokee. It was the black jeep face off.

Attachments

• image-3337260173.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 127
-
Back