took out cluster and made my own,now nothing works

-
Get the electrical schematic online and start tracing and reading the wires end to end. You'll find it, it something simple.

It would need to be grounded. Are you testing it with the cluster out of the dash? Try running a ground from the cluster edge to the dash.
IIRC, there is a ground wire also on the switch itself? Or that may have just been my new switch for the plastic cluster I used.
C

If you have power coming in, look at your ground paths.

Do not know if it will help cause lots have changed with your cluster.

yea the red and black that were on the ammeter need to be connected. it would be a great time to look into the MAD modification on that circuit

:lol:PoisonDart74 ,what does that mean "Don't mess with success"is that a good or bad thing.
should i be scared and watch the car burn to the ground
or will i be smiling with my new gauges cruising down the blvd

:burnout:

Connect the two wires and insulate it so it can't short out.

Here is a latest pic of install ,and i did not chop or splice the original harness

Attachments

• IMG_2526.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 174
Here is a latest pic of install ,and i did not chop or splice the original harness

I did the same mod., didn`t have any trouble tho. I angled the 3 center gauges toward the drivers seat also. have the new fuel gauge on the console looking at the driver, everything works ! doesn`t look as clean as yours tho ! nice job----bob:coffee2:

love the lay out of it but I have to ask...why does the tachometer have a different colour light?

(come to think of it wouldn't it be cool if the entire backlighting of the tachometer would act as a shift light? start off blue like the rest, turn green around 4 K, amber around 5 and red at 6)

When you alter something as you did factory wiring is a nightmare several items feed through the cluster it would have been a good time to upgrade to more modern wiring

-
Back