took out the window. surprise. rust!

-

67cudaResto89

Reaction score
Oooo man. Now I'm lost. Finally got the windshield gaskets so after I take out the rear window and on the passenger side bottom of the window it is rotted out. Here's some pics any idea of a way to go about fixing this?

Attachments

• 20111004184354.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 20111004184404.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 158
Notch...I was so worried about this for weeks and my fears have come true...I have no idea what to do. I'm ok at metal fab but I don't know if I'm good enough to do something like that.

Notch...I was so worried about this for weeks and my fears have come true...I have no idea what to do. I'm ok at metal fab but I don't know if I'm good enough to do something like that.

You can't F it up any more than it already is..... try it yoursself...... If all goes bad take it to a body shop... my 2 cents

you need limited tools to fix that...

shinker/strecher
welder
cutoff wheel
brake or buy L channel

its very easy repair....

I know it wouldn't take much I just barely get the time to work on the car as it is and I'm trying to keep fab to a minimum I would rather just weld panels in..65 hour weeks working on cars..when ya get home you want things to go nice and simple lol..with these cars tho that's never the case...I've just started getting into metal fab so I don't have those tools at my disposal just yet...

ill see if I can't find a patch to weld in there first if not ill just make something..like hemimark said it can't get too much worse so o well thanks for the input fellas

-
Back