Took the car out today

-

mopardrt

Reaction score
Well after it feels like months and months I finally got to take the swinger out for a bit today even though it was overcast and 50..... anyways finally got some pics of my car by a old auto parts store/speed shop that has been closed down forever figured I would get the pics before the building gets torn down one day if anyone is in michigan and knows anything about this old shop I would love to here about it since it was long closed before I ever knew about it. Anyways the shops in taylor Michigan on the corner of van born and middlebelt rd. Name of the shop was Walts

Attachments

• 001 (Copy).JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 002 (Copy).jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 226
  • 003 (Copy).JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 004 (Copy).JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 203
  • 005 (Copy).JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 235
The rail in the painted mural is, or was, 3 years ago, @ a hi performance shop in Livoina, on east bound Schoolcraft, between Farmington and Merriman rds. I forgot the name of the shop.
I saw the rail and recognized it from Walts auto parts. It used to be in the window there. Talked to the owner of the shop, and he was re-doing the rail, but I didn't ask who for. Walt, from what I understand, use to race @ the old Detroit dragway back in the 60's.

thanks sir cool to know its still round did it have a hemi in it?

Yes it did! The shop had quite a few cars in there, mostly strip cars, for winter upgrades/repairs. One NASCAR type car as well.

-
Back