Tools- I guess I'm the one that's crazy

-

hemifish69

Dain bramaged Hemi freak
Reaction score
I would like to know if I'm the one that's wrong here.

I will loan tools out to anyone who takes care of them, and brings them back w/o me asking when the job is done.

If I find out that my tools are borrowed and then used by that person to make money, then I don't loan to that person anymore. (latest case in point: my super-expensive 35' green bull fiberglass extension ladder).

If you want to make a living w/your hands, you do it the way I did, save and buy, or rent. Don't put your wear and tear on MY stuff.

now, the real problem:

My Sister in Law's boyfriend is storing a bunch of big tools at my hose for lack of room at her house. (trash pump/generator/cement mixer/etc). I moved some things off site to my secondary storage to make room for my crap.

He called wanting his tile saw. I said it would be a day and a half before I could go get it. Apparently this caused the SIL to get bent and call wifey.

My 1st impulse is to recommend all non-my stuff gets gone.

But guess what? my wife seems to think there's a problem with me, she sees my tool loaning policy at odds with how I handle the indefinite no-rent tool storage.

My head hurts. Someone tell me how to handle this.

Tell him to come get all his stuff so he won't have to get bent outta shgape about having to wait a day and nag to his wife about it anymore.

Tell him to get fucked.

tell the ungrateful kid to come get his stuff and store it under a tarp at his place. Theres nothing better than free tool storage that you can take advantage of apparently.

SIL' s boy friend needs to be told his stuff is out in a week and be man enough not to whine to your SIL.
since part 2 ain't going to happen, explain to your wife that his stuff at your place is causing friction between her and her sister, and you don't think it's a good idea to keep storing his stuff as they're relationship is too important to you. :D

good luck :salute:

Lets see,,,its not your brother in law, its your sister in laws boyfriend?? I say with all those tools he should build himself a shanty to put his **** in. I say do what StrokerScamp said to do....and then post it all for sale here.

Agree with airwoofer. If you are so generous to store, move and retrieve items for someone - for free, they should be thankful for your generosity, and accomodating of YOUR schedule.

I'd lay down the law with the SIL without the emotional baggage of the two women involved.

As far as tool loaning, they are your tools to make that determination. I highly doubt that your wife asks you for your opinion on how she loans clothing or jewelry (which most women do).

Grant

WOW.. I must be typing slowly lol..

So the ball less boyfriend whines to the SIL who whines to your wife who whines to you. Appears to be a couple whiners to many in the family. Simple solution, tell the first whiner to come get his **** out of your Fing garage since you can't stand whiners. The whiners have a problem with that then fine, the storage rental just went from being free to $100 a month.

wait a minute, are you are renting a storage place to keep his stuff in? I would agree that he can get his own place to store it, let him rent a storage shed or something... you are going above and beyond to keep his stuff it at your place, even more than that if you are renting somewhere else to keep it.

all that said, sometimes with family, we do things to take care of the relationship that others shake their head at us and tell us we are nuts and should not put up with it.

Use the mixer to mix a couple of bags of quik crete and the trash pump to pump a little into the fuel tank of the generator, then leave whats left in the mixer. In a week tell him to come get it it's in your way.

No need to wreck the tools, remember possesion is 9/10 of the law. I think you have a great policy and if I borrowed something and made money and you didn't let me borrow again I can't say I would not understand why. Sounds like your in the right!

I'd make it clear to him that you are doing him a favor by storing his stuff in your place(s) and that if he doesn't like the terms of storage---that there may be a wait on retrieval since some of it's off-site---then he's also welcome to, in no uncertain terms, store his stuff somewhere else.

I'd probably tell the SIL and wife the same thing so there's no confusion on how it works. :D The SIL is welcome to store his stuff if she doesn't like the terms, either.

sil' s boy friend needs to be told his stuff is out in a week and be man enough not to whine to your sil.
Since part 2 ain't going to happen, explain to your wife that his stuff at your place is causing friction between her and her sister, and you don't think it's a good idea to keep storing his stuff as they're relationship is too important to you. :d

good luck :salute:

x2

next time he wants something of his out of your storage,tell him to take it all or 100 in cash a month and chalk it up to the game. you are doing him a favor in the first place. i hate MFkers like that. you do them a favor and they dont even have the balls to talk to YOU like a man, instead he runs around like hes back in high school (or is he) and tells the ladies thinking they will set YOU straight .its all about the he said she said bullsh*t. i think he better stop talking that sh*t , or he will be leaving with a fat lip

I appreciate all the replies. Thought I should reflect and get some advice before going full ragetard and saying/doing something unsociable.

Btw, I'm not renting space, just have my own storage about 30 miles away.

Let me guess; your wife told her sister that YOU have plenty of room to store stuff for her boyfriend? (Sounds like something my wife would do). If that's the case then you are screwed. My wife has done this in the past and it pisses me off. Good Luck.

Tell the retarded whiner to come get his stuff within ten days, if not you will put it on CL to the highest bidder. Be sure to send the letter return receipt requested, so he can't say he never received it. JMO, I hate whiney wimps.

Bill S.

-
Back