Top 5 Muscle Car Chases (Not including Bullitt)

-
I disagree with there findings it's Vanishing Point that's number one in my book.

why is when it comes to muscle cars and a top five i would always prefer a top 100 LOL!!!!! it never seems to be enuff

How about Dirty Mary & Crazy Larry. Great use of a 1969 Charger.
Blues Brothers is another one, I remember reading that they used actual speeds shown on the speedo, going thru Chicago on lower Wacker avenue.

They left out to me one that is every bit as good as Bullitt. John Wayne in "McQ". Not only is it a badass car chase scene, but it's gotta Mopar in it too. Even though McQ drives a Formula Firebird, the big chase scene has a Belvedere in it. I cannot believe it was ommitted.

The Seven Ups. They left out all the good chase scenes movies mentioned above.

Well I think it's time for someone to do a remake of "Bullitt" with a good chase scene.I think it would really sell. 8)

Regarding Bullit....there is an article floatin around the internet about all the mods they had to do to the cars. About how They had to reinforce the rustang all to hell and barely did anything to the Charger. They talked in it about how the Charger kept overtakin the rustang in almost every scene of the chase. It was real funny.

Here it is:

http://www.classicmustang.com/bullitt_Motor_Trend.htm

And that's from a Rustang site, so the Charger musta pounced the F%&! outta the rustang cause you know they're gonna downplay it as much as possible. there was another one somewhere though that was much less biased and it told all about how the Charger basically needed almost nothing in comparison. I can't find it, though. It was a hoot.

Regarding Bullit....there is an article floatin around the internet about all the mods they had to do to the cars. About how They had to reinforce the rustang all to hell and barely did anything to the Charger. They talked in it about how the Charger kept overtakin the rustang in almost every scene of the chase. It was real funny.

Here it is:

http://www.classicmustang.com/bullitt_Motor_Trend.htm

And that's from a Rustang site, so the Charger musta pounced the F%&! outta the rustang cause you know they're gonna downplay it as much as possible. there was another one somewhere though that was much less biased and it told all about how the Charger basically needed almost nothing in comparison. I can't find it, though. It was a hoot.

My Auto Shop teacher at Renton Tech(85) knew the body guy that worked on the cars on Bullitt and in Gone in 60 Secs. Your are correct he told the story of the 390 Mustang needing all kinds of work to keep up with the 440 Charger, and all the suspension mods needed. For 60 Secs, he said they would keep fixing the Mustangs untill they were toast, and they would junk them, he says they are in a warehouse still, but he never said where.

I just watched the 7 Ups again, i forgot how good that chase was. French Connection is one of my favorites too, there is a article somewhere that states they filmed most of it at speed.

McQ is one of the best and one of the most forgotten and never mentioned movies, great chase through downtown Seattle, neat to see it had not grown up yet in 74, great chase scene on the beach's at Moclips too at the end

Steve Mcqueen in The Bounty Hunter - not a Mopar, but who remembers him being chased through the cornfield in a Bandit Edition Trans Am by the two rednecks on a combine throwing dinamite? Freakin' Awesome! Another good one that doesn't quite fit the catagory is Dead Pool with Clint Eastwood, I'm referring to the chase scene with the remote control car loaded with explosives, I could watch that over and over!

Anyone remember the movie with the 64 Dodge in it. I think it was called "Hotrod" but I can't seem to find it. There was a drag scene where the Dodge ended up totalled, and the guy built a Willys using the Hemi out of the 64. Pretty cheesy movie but had a lot of cool cars in it.

Another was "Fast Company". Great scene where Gordy Bonin's old funny car races a couple of potheads off a stop light. It smokes away, and they don't even move, they just stare at each other like "WTF?"

Steve Mcqueen in The Bounty Hunter - not a Mopar, but who remembers him being chased through the cornfield in a Bandit Edition Trans Am by the two rednecks on a combine throwing dinamite? Freakin' Awesome! Another good one that doesn't quite fit the catagory is Dead Pool with Clint Eastwood, I'm referring to the chase scene with the remote control car loaded with explosives, I could watch that over and over!

Oh yeah, i forgot about that movie, where they blow the front end off the Trans am. And the chase up that parking garage building in Chicago. Isnt that called The Hunter?

Gone in 60 Seconds, both versions. But love the canal seen in the 2000 version. Yes I know they go that fast both was still great. (not a fan of this film series but they had their moments) In The Fast and The Furious I like how the Charger still won even though the motor was blown. In the 2nd one I like how the challenger got up and ran away from that purple car. Are my choices considered a car chase maybe it's all how you look at it. If your losing it's all about catching the person in front of you and passing them.

Not really a chase movie, but i just watched a movie called 52 Pickup this weelend. Roy Schieder, Ann Margret, Kelly Preston, John Glover.

Pretty good, Roy drives a nice E Type Jag, and John Glover drives a 70 GTX, 6 Pack hood, some good shots of it.

-
Back