Top speed of an SB stroker

-
I'm a Mopar Guy, but would be more than happy to let you suck a fart of of my Corvette....that is if you could get close enough.....gotta be real carefull with those kind of statements....lol

Orlando2009NHRADiv-21.jpg

Rickster

See my new signature. LMAO. All in good fun of course. Now read my signature again. LMAOROTF

hay i just noticed in your vette pic the southeast logo. where are you ? I'm in middle Georgia.

Southwest Florida, Fort Myers area.....do you ever get down to SGMP....????

Rickster

naw. we used to have family in Tallassee, but they just moved back up here to be closer to us. In laws agin and all that stuff. If you ever come through middle Georgia, let me know. I'll buy the coffee at the Waffle House.

Newer corvettes can suck or run great. You can't really tell by looking at them. They must wear out quickly. Or those $700 a piece speed items do work. (i would hope so for the money)

For the money you can get great performance with a new vette compare to say a $45,000 bmw but a $100,000 bmw will be a bit quicker and sure more strong in a crash. Vettes can kill you fast, some poor dude clipped the front bumper of a semi on the freeway passing the truck, his car spun out of control and he was killed, nobody else hurt.

Were these old cars shine, they are like design to get hit and not flip.

In the old days wide tires were illegal, one reason was on sideways skids cars with wide tires are more likely to flip and not just slide to a stop--or in to another car in the way. Same in the rain, wide tires cause more problems. Oh well, air bags and seat belts solve everything (rolls eyes)

Newer corvettes can suck or run great. You can't really tell by looking at them. They must wear out quickly. Or those $700 a piece speed items do work. (i would hope so for the money)

For the money you can get great performance with a new vette compare to say a $45,000 bmw but a $100,000 bmw will be a bit quicker and sure more strong in a crash. Vettes can kill you fast, some poor dude clipped the front bumper of a semi on the freeway passing the truck, his car spun out of control and he was killed, nobody else hurt.

Were these old cars shine, they are like design to get hit and not flip.

In the old days wide tires were illegal, one reason was on sideways skids cars with wide tires are more likely to flip and not just slide to a stop--or in to another car in the way. Same in the rain, wide tires cause more problems. Oh well, air bags and seat belts solve everything (rolls eyes)

And don't forget the " Steering & Stability systems" fitted now too.....so the village idiot ,who shouldn't really have a licence, can drive too.....:roll:

And don't forget the " Steering & Stability systems" fitted now too.....so the village idiot ,who shouldn't really have a licence, can drive too.....:roll:

You left out traction control :read2:

Rickster

naw. we used to have family in Tallassee, but they just moved back up here to be closer to us. In laws agin and all that stuff. If you ever come through middle Georgia, let me know. I'll buy the coffee at the Waffle House.

Have family in Lawrenceville and sometimes we make it up to Cherokee to throw some $$$$ away 8)

Rickster

You left out traction control :read2:

Rickster

That is part of the whole Steering & Stability system....the only thing you have control over is the steering wheel.....which has a sensor connected to it to tell the system where your pointing the car, and a Yaw sensor telling the system where the car is headed ( sideways, drifting, backwards angle, etc ).
My current ride is a 93 model ( Australian built Ford )....no traction control, 5sp manual, no ABS, no speed sensitive steering, 4 wheel power disc brakes, rear wheel drive, live axle ( not IRS ) with LSD, has multipoint fuel injection.....and 205hp at the treads......Latest model car I will own....don't much like them after that.

my 1964 v 100 273 2b when new with 355 gears and 3 speed would get scary at 120 mph front end would get light still had engine left but no more speedo ???? and remember that was in 1964 biais 4ply tires best you could get. Iam 64 years old and I bought a1964 valaint and installing a318 mag efi with 518 trans in my second child hood...nice seeing your ride good luck be safe god bless you will need it .....bonehead

Some dude slammed in to a back of a car on a freeway over here this weekend, killing a 25 year old women coming back from babysitting. Already one other motorist is saying how that car flew on pass his right before the impact. Blood test are pending and alcohol is involved.

Expect 70 mph is the limit and 95 mph is a 3 point ticket. The news has been low key about the story. I got a feeling unless the driver was dunk the police will have a hard time pushing any felony death charge. Some states have reckless driving at a set speed, not Michigan. Has to be more than just speed--passing other cars like.

If driver was drunk, oh oh, he might be gone for good thou. Poor gal too, lost her life cause she might have been chatting on the phone and driving 65. Never know when a car can switch lanes without looking out for 100 mph cars.

Be careful out there! Not everybody is a speed freak, lol

That corvette looks a lot like a tube chassis race car. Put a Gremlin body on it then I will be impresed.:wav: LOL:happy10:

That is how alot of new sport cars are, Vettes weigh 3,200 lbs, that is pretty light for a 6 liter engine. Too bad the engine is choke with smog stuff.

Good thing they handle great and stops great! I recall the days when bumpers were made to get hit, lol

Oh they hit the 28 year old dude with 2nd degree murder! He was 3 times over the drunk limit. She was 24 and in the right/slow lane. It was a 2004 Lexus rear ending a 2000 Dodge Intrepid.

Hes gone! 2nd is life here. Heck he might had made it home unscratched, instead his life is over with.

Sometimes I wish I never had to drive again.

That corvette looks a lot like a tube chassis race car. Put a Gremlin body on it then I will be impresed.:wav: LOL:happy10:

Have a look at this thing.....its called a " Skelta"....purpose built race car.

IMGP5020.jpg

Im curious what the top speed of a SB 408 might be, forged internals with H beams, Air Gap, Solid Flat tappet 246/252@50 with 600 lift, Dana 60 3.54 gears

just an average idea?

Cruise speed or trap speed? 105-110mph is about it for cruising with good stock suspension, I've been to 125-130mph a few times but thats only for 4-5 sec at most. You could probably go 115-120 with that cam and 3.54's.

-
Back