Top sportsman driver dies in terrifying crash

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Not a lot of info out yet but I guess this was one ugly over the wall crash.

Message from Meredith Howard Janke, Wife of Bill Janke . Please pray for her and family . Heart breaking post.

Meredith - “I would like to firstly like to thank everyone for their prayers. I'm crying my eyes out posting this. My husband Bill Janke who I love with all my heart has gone to heaven today after a horrible car crash that took his life.”

“He absolutely loved drag racing! It was his life and passion.”

“Please know that he loved his drag racing family! You were the world to him!”

“I truly loved my husband with all my heart and I really don't know how I'm going to survive this.”

“We met on a blind date and fell in love instantly. He asked me to marry him 2 months later and married a year later.This August we would have celebrated 29 years.”

“I can't imagine my life without him. I'm sorry for my rambling. I just loved him with all my heart. He truly was my lifeline.”

“Once I have made arrangements I will let everyone know.”

He loved you all!

Thank you!

IMG_3510.jpeg

Poor Merideth. That's devastating. My wife and I got engaged after 2 months so I get that she feels like her soulmate has been taken. I pray for the widows and orphans. Rest in peace Bill Janke.

I'm not interested in seeing the video, just sucks to lose someone while doing what he loved

Sounds like he was really well loved. May he rest in peace.

A good friend of mine has raced on and off in Top Sportsman over the years. He posted this last night. Sounds like the guy was loved by many.

IMG_3515.jpeg

Never like to hear this. May God lay his healing hand over the family. May he rest in peace.

Sorry for your loss. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Sounds like a great guy loved by all. May Bill rest in peace.

Terrible news from a track that I like to race at. Condolences and prayers to the family and the NHRA and LVD staff members. It appears to me that something had to have broken for the car to make a hard right turn like that, oil line, axle, something.

May God bless you and give you the strength to carry Bills memory and love in your heart forever Meridith remember him always and you will never lose him or that love. My heart breaks for you and the tears in my eyes tell we all have lost a great man. Love and prayers to all. Mike

Not a lot of info out yet but I guess this was one ugly over the wall crash.

Message from Meredith Howard Janke, Wife of Bill Janke . Please pray for her and family . Heart breaking post.

Meredith - “I would like to firstly like to thank everyone for their prayers. I'm crying my eyes out posting this. My husband Bill Janke who I love with all my heart has gone to heaven today after a horrible car crash that took his life.”

“He absolutely loved drag racing! It was his life and passion.”

“Please know that he loved his drag racing family! You were the world to him!”

“I truly loved my husband with all my heart and I really don't know how I'm going to survive this.”

“We met on a blind date and fell in love instantly. He asked me to marry him 2 months later and married a year later.This August we would have celebrated 29 years.”

“I can't imagine my life without him. I'm sorry for my rambling. I just loved him with all my heart. He truly was my lifeline.”

“Once I have made arrangements I will let everyone know.”

He loved you all!

Thank you!

View attachment 1716273373
Everyone will pass one day. What better way than doing something that is your passion.

Everyone will pass one day. What better way than doing something that is your passion.

I was in a bad spot once on my roof unable to get out of my Daytona. I had my hand on my Halon system knowing I would rather suffocate from lack of oxygen than die from
Fire.

Fire is no joke. I thank God for the man who came up with the halon system. I had a bad wreck while oval track racing back in my younger days. Bad fire but, thanks to my fire suit and halon I only sufferd minor burns on my hands and feet. Still have the scars to remind me. I was afraid to die in a fire. It still scares me today.

-
Back