Tornados hit my hometown of wilson nc

-
Our death toll is still going up from the Tornadoes that hit us here in Arkansas.
So glad to hear everyone there made it ok, now the work starts.
Be safe and careful safer.

Our death toll is still going up from the Tornadoes that hit us here in Arkansas.
So glad to hear everyone there made it ok, now the work starts.
Be safe and careful safer.

thanks that is the same cluster that hit us we had a bunch of super cells
22 died in nc total here is a link to all the pix around our state
http://www.wral.com/weather/image_gallery/9452442/

I sure feel for all of them as I was wiped out by an F-5 4/8/98, it hit the other side of town this time. I live outside Tuscaloosa, Al. An old black man that worked with me told me at the time that "It is just God showing us how much power He has and how much control He has over that power". Very well said! Prayers going out for all, Joe

Man, that is nuts. These storms come on fast and leave a wake of destruction in a matter of minutes. Stay safe!

damn i didnt know it hit wilson like that..im only about 20 min. from you down in castalia..my wife and son went to her mothers house and i had just got off work at 5am so i stayed home ans sleep through it...hope all is well for you and yours mike

The same storm hit just north of us and killed 3. Tornadoes destroyed homes and businesses in Gloucester and Deltaville. We surveyed some of the damage today. It's an incredible example of the power of nature. As I sat looking at the damage it made me think of the recent catastrophe in Japan. I thought, if you multiply what I`m looking at times 1000, 10,000, no 100,000 then that might come close to what happened there. Maybe not.

Yep, storm season is just heating up. A lot of fellow adjusters were put on alert for deployment in the last 24 hours. Predictions are for 17 named hurricanes this year. I may be coming to a town near you soon.

Jim

our local news stated that was the same storm that went through here last week, crazy-- from the the mid-west all the way to the east coast wreaking havoc, wishing all good fortune with the aftermath, Lawrence

Went for a ride today in the Duster and drove through some of the hardest hit areas in Johnston, Harnett, and Wilson counties. Man what a terrible thing for so many people. Lots of these people did not have much and were living in Mobile Homes and now they have nothing. Saw a huge turkey farm in Benson that was completely wiped out!! Unbelieveable power of these storms. There are a LOT of crews trying to repair the hundreds of power poles that were just snapped in half. Some of the transformers are a 1/4 mile away from where they were originally. Found this video I thought i would post up.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukuERsvfDMU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Raleigh, NC Tornado damage April 16, 2011[/ame]

-
Back