Torq Storm on the way.

-

Spudmaster

Reaction score
Getting close to installing this mini monster into my 69 Valiant 2 door. I have the full four piece pulley set ready for additional power gains as it all works in. It is backed by a 4 speed from a 383 Dart, 9 inch dual disc Ram clutch and for now a 3:23 sure grip. The goal is to have it on the road by June.

34B8740F-C298-4CF1-8F48-44AF512FEA32.jpeg

62200591-6BDC-41C8-8BC7-5DC66568F48C.jpeg

13C1AB1D-A624-4F67-9672-44A0F87D1AC8.jpeg

57B791DF-1A18-42B8-82CF-D0EE633AAF98.jpeg

Whatever you do don't lift the hood around anybody. Tell them it's a leaning tower of power and blow their doors off. They will be spending money for more nitrous the next day. lol

Cool looking setup!

Jack

Last edited:
Any idea of what kind of horsepower/torque you’ll have? Should be a real sleeper! Nice looking car. Really like the color.

With the large pulley on it as it came, it will add 150hp to the 250hp the modified engine made. I bought three smaller pulleys with the kit, and was told by the manufacturer that the smallest pulley will add 500hp. So I’ll start it with 400hp, and end up a year or so down the road with 650hp….and engine parts all over the road if I’m not prepared. I have several spare engines. People asked why a slant six? Every one else in my club (West Coast Mopars) with a modified engine are all V8s. I wanted to be different. The colour is Crystal Blaze Red, a 2007 Chrysler Caravan colour.

With the large pulley on it as it came, it will add 150hp to the 250hp the modified engine made. I bought three smaller pulleys with the kit, and was told by the manufacturer that the smallest pulley will add 500hp. So I’ll start it with 400hp, and end up a year or so down the road with 650hp….and engine parts all over the road if I’m not prepared. I have several spare engines. People asked why a slant six? Every one else in my club (West Coast Mopars) with a modified engine are all V8s. I wanted to be different. The colour is Crystal Blaze Red, a 2007 Chrysler Caravan colour.
Good luck. Engine Masters started with a 215HP NA /6 and didn't even make it to 350HP with the TS.

Jealous :) Have been considering cancelling my order for heads and just doing a TS instead til the bottom end gives up :)

I think you’re a little (a lot) optimistic in your hp goals although I applaud your willingness to be different. May I ask what fuel you will run? And why no intercooler?

Good luck. Engine Masters started with a 215HP NA /6 and didn't even make it to 350HP with the TS.
They popped a shitty head gasket, with a lot of SCR, there are Slantys making way more than 350hp out there boosted. A lack of detonation, steel-shim/Cometic/copper&o-ring gaskets, & ARP head studs & that will take it well beyond that.....but will the current head, or bottom-end, that's the question.

I love it man ...im jealous...get you a set of 3.91 cogs ...your gonna need em

I love it man ...im jealous...get you a set of 3.91 cogs ...your gonna need em
I don't know if I would spin a 225 that tight. This thread is over a year old. I wonder if the OP didn't get it running and scattered it. Forced induction engines need a strong bottom end. Slants could use a couple more main bearings. They have their limits.

I don't know if I would spin a 225 that tight. This thread is over a year old. I wonder if the OP didn't get it running and scattered it. Forced induction engines need a strong bottom end. Slants could use a couple more main bearings. They have their limits.
Let's see how long the PowerNation Slanty holds up making 517Lb-ft by 4K, so far so good, and that at 11psi. Haven't seen what project They were going to transplant it in yet.

TorqStom does some nice work. I have talked to them at the Nats a few years back.

-
Back