Torque box locations

-

A68DART360

Reaction score
Does anyone have some pictures of the torque boxes on a 68 Dart GTS. How many is there on a car and where would they be located.

There are 4 torque boxes, 2 in the front and 2 in the rear. They tie the floor and rockers to the frame at the front and rear outriggers that go from the frame to the rocker.

This is on my Duster, but that particular part of the car is no different than a '68 Dart. These are the heavier gauge US Cartool torque boxes, so they look slightly different than stock torque boxes.

Front (you can see the lower front fender bolts in the top right corner)

IMG_5009_zps080dc28f.jpg

Rear (my car has frame connectors that the rear torque boxes overlap)

IMG_5012_zpse0044a73.jpg

Are torque boxes put on all GTS cars (small block and block block cars) or are they only on GTS Big Block cars.

the car is a hardtop. it now has a 727 trans and I do not know if it was originally a 4 spd.

Are torque boxes put on all GTS cars (small block and block block cars) or are they only on GTS Big Block cars.

Does anybody know the answer to this question besides the 4-spd and convertible cars. What hardtop cars are they on.

Torque boxes on all factory 4 speeds. A true big block 4 speed has extra stiffeners in the trunk as well. Sorry no pic., but my buddies 383 4 speed gts has them.

so the hardtop auto cars did not have them in it. Was it only BB 4-spd cars or did the SB 4-spd also have them. Do you know where the stiffeners are and what they look like.

My 67 B-cuda 383 auto car only has rear torque boxes. Another member here also has a 67 383 4-spd car with same only rear torque boxes. I had a 70 swinger 340 4spd, no boxes.

my 68 GTS that I have has them in the rear and it looks like they were removed from the front for header clearance.

-
Back