Torque converter bolts to flexplate

-

Burntdown

Reaction score
Installing a torque converter on a gen 3 hemi, hays converter/hays flexplate I also lined the flexplate and converter up and painted the correct pattern so yes it correct... I've already pulled the trans once because none of the bolts would even start, so i chased all the threads and made sure they all went in straight and have gotten 2 in but the other 2 will start anyway but straight, i've tried barley starting the bolts with the converter fully back, slightly snug, half threaded in, converter againest the flexplate with and without bolts tight... I did notice there was some slop in the bolt holes of the flexplate but even with the bolts loose its not enough to move around to get them to start hopefully someones got a trick because this thing is killing me...

If the plate fits the T/C. Maybe the trans isn't on the block correctly. Does the block have the guide pins in to line up the trans ?

i guess i can go to summit racing and pick up some dowel pins and see if that helps, thinking it wouldn't allow any of the bolts to start, because before i had a midplate when the trans was on the trans mount and with just a front motor plate/trans mount it was flexing to the point where they wouldn't line up at all, now they line up just 2 won't go in straight

Update: drilled holes in flexplate one size bigger and they now fit is it the right way? no, but sending it

Last edited:
-
Back