Torque converter or different cam

-

jlindemann

Reaction score
So the shop that was just working on our '64 Barracuda w/ a 318 in it, said that the cam appears to be pretty large for the motor. I like the way that the car sounds and runs, but it does lurch pretty bad when going into gear and when stopped at lights. They said that I could put in a torque converter to help the issues or put in a smaller cam.

Looking for some suggestions on which is the better route to go? Thanks in advance!

What kind of rear end do you have and what gears? Car mostly street driven?

Depends on the kind of driving you do? I would get call Frank Lupo at dynamic converters and he can fix you right up. Nothing like the sound of a sweet cam !!

Yeah my Dad will be using it as as sudo daily driver, a few times a week. I am not sure what the trans is or the gears. Sorry, doesn't help much. I am thinking it might be stock, but not sure what the previous owner did or didn't do.

Ideally it would be nice to know what cam is in it, lift duration etc, rear gears too. It would be much easier to recommend something.

Put the convertor in it because some day you may up grade to a nice 340,360,hot 318 then you will want the convertor any way.Be a bit cheaper also .PS what are the specs on the cam

-
Back