Torque Converter question.

-

Badart

Reaction score
I have a 3000 stall Boss Hog Converter that is for an internally balanced engine that I am saving for my 408 build down the road. My 318 that is currently in the dart is not interally balanced. Would it be bad to run it on my 318? I would just like a little higher stall to get the car moving. The cam is an Comp XE-256 Idle-5500 and gears are 3.91's. This is a street car. Thanks.

I have a 3000 stall Boss Hog Converter that is for an internally balanced engine

My 318 that is currently in the dart is not interally balanced.

you sure the 318 is externally balanced? the only sm blk motors that were external balance were the 360 and maybe the cast crank 340. i thought the rest were internal balance.

you sure the 318 is externally balanced? the only sm blk motors that were external balance were the 360 and maybe the cast crank 340. i thought the rest were internal balance.

I believe you are right and I am just starting my second cup of coffee (Too much Eggnog). I couldn't remember and wanted to make sure. Duh. Thanks.

318 magnums are externally balanced if I'm not mistaken. All 318 LA's are internally balanced. If it's balanced right it should work fine and not hurt the 318. It'll make it quite a bit faster if the converter in the car now is stock.

-
Back