torque converter

-
.............As long as its 4 a 67, or ofcourse ur using the poly tranny along with it...........as 66 down have a course spline.........................kim.........

The tranny from the poly was a 727. Ill have to count the splines. I dont have the motor yet but I think its a 1970. I bought the poly with the tranny on ebay for $100. I didnt know that it was a poly when I bought it, I was bought it to use it in my cuda. I plan to sell the motor and use the tranny and the torque converter.

Evan

Check the diameter of the convertor hub , then measure the back of the crank to make sure they will fit together! I'm thinking they won't. I've been down this road before but i can't remember the details.

I was just playing around with my tranny in the garage and the torque converter from my 318 dated 10/09/67 will not fit on my tranny, my torque converter that came with the tranny wont fit the motor. I have a 904 that came with the motor but it looks nasty, the dipstick tube has been out of it for about 13 years. What do I do guys?

My tranny has A-727-A stamped on it, I guess that I need a T-C for a 318/727 combo? I also looked at my 904 which said A-904-LA, the letter for the poly 318 is A. So its a 318A, the last A on the 727 may mean the 318A engine. My engine that Im using is a 318LA so the last letters on the 904 is telling us what engine again. Maybe my 727 wont work, its just a thought.

I have a SB 727 Torque converter I can sell ya for $100+ shipping, its never been used and is rebuilt. I have a manual trans haha

67 converter used a 18 spline imput shaft. 68 and up was like 24 spline. Plus the noses on the back were different sizes. I think you'll need a custom converter.

-
Back