torque rod??????

-

jimwwood

Reaction score
im putting a small block in my 74 dart and i need the rod that goes from the tranny to the throttle linkage.being an ex chevy guy it goes on where a kick down cable woud go. Its hard to find something when i realy dont know what its called.my under standing is that this is some kind of pressure rod and i cant run the car without it. I have a torqueflight 727 tranny.

im putting a small block in my 74 dart and i need the rod that goes from the tranny to the throttle linkage.being an ex chevy guy it goes on where a kick down cable woud go. Its hard to find something when i realy dont know what its called.my under standing is that this is some kind of pressure rod and i cant run the car without it. I have a torqueflight 727 tranny.

yep like I told ya you will burn it out FAST.Go to Roblims Garage in Demerestvill or call Lawerance at his garage he will have what ya need,or call National moparts in Beaverton Ontario they will alsoi have what ya need.1-705-426-2993,ask for scott.

The proper name of it is the "throttle pressure linkage". The term "kickdown" has been adopted cause it's easier to remember and without it the trans will have no passing gear, same as a turbo 350. The reason it's named throttle pressure linkage is because it varies the line pressure in the transmission to regulate shift speeds and firmness. Since it regulates line pressure it is a must have or the trans will burn up real fast. A alternative to using the stock mechanical linkage setup is a Lokar or Bouchillion cable setup.

"The proper name of it is the "throttle pressure linkage"." Thank You.

Here is what you will need. After you have it all in place you will want the lever on the trans all the way back at WOT, without binding (excessive rearward pressure).

"The proper name of it is the "throttle pressure linkage"." Thank You.

Here is what you will need. After you have it all in place you will want the lever on the trans all the way back at WOT, without binding (excessive rearward pressure).

I need part number 12 in the picture, mine is missing. Where can I find one?

-
Back