Torque shaft spring clips

-

LarryB340

Reaction score
I installed a new torque shaft I got from Brewers today, new balls, bushings, retainer clip, put the plastic washer on the pin, then the peddle linkage rod, but for the life of me I can't get the spring clip on between the rod and the head of the pin, what could I be doing wrong? the clip doesn't straddle the end of the rod does it?
20180617_145552.jpg
20180617_145313.jpg

Looks like the torque shaft is leaning front on the ball side. I recently had this problem on a 69 dart. It had the ball bolted to the bell for a 67-71 bell The car had a 72 bell they are different, The bolt holes on the 67-71 bell are straight up and down. 72 and up. are angled. Looks like you have the wrong ball on the bell. Go to brewers and check the pictures of different years you will see what I mean. You won't get that clip on if they are mixed. Take a picture of the ball on the bell and post it. I can tell you by a picture.

looks like You have a 67-71 bell with a 72 and up ball bolted to it. I would need a picture of the ball bolted to the bell to be sure.

I just had the opposite a 72 bell with a 71 ball. The shaft was facing toward the back at the bell looking from the top as your picture.

When you correct that you will see a big difference in your pedal. Much smoother. No bind

-
Back