torque specs on torque converter

-

martin53

martin53
Reaction score
hat are the torque specs for the torque converter bolts and flex plate bolts on a 727 thanks for the help

Be careful and get the right torque spec for the size bolts that you have on the flex plate to torque convertor. The normal size is 5/16" and torque is 270 in-lbs or 22.5 ft-lbs. The hemi used 7/16" bolts and torque is higher. I can't find that spec right at hand.

getm tight as u can then beatem tight make sure u got a good hardend flex plate ive balled them up so bad could hardley getm out looked like tin foil in there

I torque the flex plate to the crank at 55 lbs. The bolt i have for them use 11/16 sockets and the flex plate to torque converter bolts are 1/2 socket. This the first time for me are the torque specs 55lbs for the flex to crank or more.

I torque the flex plate to the crank at 55 lbs. The bolt i have for them use 11/16 sockets and the flex plate to torque converter bolts are 1/2 socket. This the first time for me are the torque specs 55lbs for the flex to crank or more.

The factory service manual says 55 ft. lbs. That's what I use and haven't had any problems. If it takes a 1/2" wrench on the torque converter bolts their 5/16" so 22.5 lbs. is right. I also use some loctite on the bolts to make sure they don't vibrate loose.

I torque it and seems like it could be tightened more. Is that normal for 55lbs

My guess is your torque wrench is a pretty long 1/2" drive, right? With a long wrench like that you can get a lot of leverage making it seem like your not tightening much. Try loosening them with a 3/8" drive ratchet after you torque them and you'll see how tight they really are.

-
Back